Axe fx 2 connection issues

Alexander

I have an axe fx 2 that I’m trying to connect to my pc via an audient evo 4. I’ve tried connecting output 2 left and right using xlr cables to the mic inputs on the interface (which is in turn connected to two studio monitors) but I don’t get any sound. I can see on the interface it’s getting a signal when I strum a guitar (connected via the front input) and axe edit shows input/I can see the tuner functioning. I’ve tried playing around with the balance and output levels to no avail

I feel like I’m missing something obvious here. I could just connect the monitors to the axe and use it as the interface but I don’t want to have it on all the time when I’m not specifically using the axe fx

you need to insert the FX Loop block as Out 2 in every preset, or turn on Copy Out 1 to Out 2 in settings.

I have an axe fx 2 that I’m trying to connect to my pc via an audient evo 4. I’ve tried connecting output 2 left and right using xlr cables to the mic inputs on the interface (which is in turn connected to two studio monitors) but I don’t get any sound. I can see on the interface it’s getting a signal when I strum a guitar (connected via the front input) and axe edit shows input/I can see the tuner functioning. I’ve tried playing around with the balance and output levels to no avail

I feel like I’m missing something obvious here. I could just connect the monitors to the axe and use it as the interface but I don’t want to have it on all the time when I’m not specifically using the axe fx

You would normally use output 1 for that, not output 2. That way you only use your Axe-FX output to the interface for monitoring, not recording. You record via the usb connection from the Axe-FX and there's no need to turn on the Axe-FX unless you're recording and there's no need to change anything on the Axe-FX.

Back
Top Bottom