Axe-Edit not detected box from computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rifflord22

Inspired
This has been driving me nuts. I have to unplug and replug the USB cable,and then close and reopen axe edit software multiple times to get it to communicate with the box. Im wondering if it's the USB cable even though its new.

Is there a certain brand of USB cable you guys recommend for this?

Yep,have the USB driver installed.

A lot of times i will get "the version information could not be queried" and i will have to close the software and reopen or unplug/replug the USB cable multiple times to get a response

A lot of times i will get "the version information could not be queried" and i will have to close the software and reopen or unplug/replug the USB cable multiple times to get a response

Try different USB port.
Check USB port drivers on computer.
Try different cable. Most printers use one you can borrow.

Are you using a USB hub or direct in to the computer?

And is it a PCS or MAC? If PC, plug the Axe in via USB and check if it appears under Device Manager correctly b

If all else fails, try plug the Axe Fx into a different computer with a different USB cable. If that works, then your cable or computer is the issue.

Ordered a new USB cable as I don't have another one laying around here. This one feels cheap now that I'm looking at it. Hopefully this takes care of the issue

Actually now I'm noticing something weird... maybe it isn't the cable after all

Let me ask you this. if you have your axe fx and you just unplug the USB cable, would it freeze the actual unit itself? I can still hear the guitar but i it's stuck on the same screen and i can't change anything. tried pressing exit, global etc... I now have to power it off and back on to change anything. maybe this is a more serious issue unless the wacky USB cable is causing it to freeze up

Are you using a USB hub or direct in to the computer?

And is it a PCS or MAC? If PC, plug the Axe in via USB and check if it appears under Device Manager correctly b

If all else fails, try plug the Axe Fx into a different computer with a different USB cable. If that works, then your cable or computer is the issue.

It's a PC, everything else i have hooked up to it via USB works perfectly. I do not have a USB hub just connections on the front and back of the tower

Actually now I'm noticing something weird... maybe it isn't the cable after all

Let me ask you this. if you have your axe fx and you just unplug the USB cable, would it freeze the actual unit itself? I can still hear the guitar but i it's stuck on the same screen and i can't change anything. tried pressing exit, global etc... I now have to power it off and back on to change anything. maybe this is a more serious issue unless the wacky USB cable is causing it to freeze up

At home I have the Axe set up with the USB cable connected. I plug this in and out of my lap top all the time with the Axe switched on and it never causes the Axe to freeze. I do always close Axe edit before unplugging though.

It's probably another USB driver or device causing trouble.
I have a certain synthesizer which, if I install its driver, causes exactly the problem you're describing.
On a clean machine, our stuff works perfectly.
If you're on a mac, you should also be able to just toggle the MIDI CONFIGURATION instead of pulling/replugging the cable. (Just make a copy of the current config so you have something to flip to.)

I have the following

A midi controller
A focusrite audio interface (firewire)
The axe fx 2
A Cubase USB dongle
A mouse
A keyboard
and a Wacom tablet (this issue existed long before i got this)

Most of that is pretty standard for a studio..i have no external synths or anything like that

My main concern with this other than the annoyance is that I am having to constantly power it on and off...can't be good

Last edited:
Also did you see what i posted about the actual unit itself freezing up? IE could not access anything on the green screen

Also this is a computer that i built about 3 months ago, I recall this issue happening from day one with my axe.

Right_to_Rage what about you?

Hi all. I recently reinstalled my computer and the axe-edit doesn't receive any signal from AXE. Could you help me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom