Axe-Edit III 1.12.13

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
[Post has been edited. Was previously titled "Axe-Edit III 1.12.13 (supports fw 21.02 public beta 3)". There were no changes to the binaries from the original post.]

Axe-Edit III 1.12.13 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.12.13
FEBRUARY 9, 2023

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 21.02

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 21.02
o Added AMP layout "59 Bassguy RI Jumped"
o Added DRIVE block layout for "Bosom Boost" and "OD-One Overdrive"
o Updated layouts for COMPRESSOR, GATE, and INPUT blocks.

* Corrected the Setlists and Songs dialog to send the song ID under the SONG table's selected row to the connected device upon clearing the SONG search field. This allows the device to send the associated Song Section information.

* Modifications to the main editor view (preset/grid/effect-editor) to clearly show that the editor is not connected to the device. These modifications include an empty preset/grid/effect-editor display and the disabling of file drag-and-drop.

* Modifications to "Import Preset + Cab Bundle" dialog to allow importing of all or a subset of the items within the bundle.

* Preset Translation modifications:
o Cab slots 3 and 4 are MUTED when converting an FM3 or FM9 preset to the Axe-Fx III.
o MODIFIER "Source1 Scale" and "Source2 Scale" are set to 100% when converting an FM3 or FM9 preset to the Axe-Fx III.

* Modifications to support Fractal-Bot version 3.0.14 (an internal editor version of Fractal-Bot). The editor's internal Fractal-Bot now allows connecting to the correct device when two-or-more of the same device (Axe-Fx III, FM3, or FM9) are connected to MacOS.

* Modifications to support Fractal-Bot version 3.0.15 (an internal editor version of Fractal-Bot). Corrected the embedded Fractal-Bot panel "Transmit All Banks File" which incorrectly gave the error "Please select a destination."

Last edited:
Awesome, I've hung off on this beta run until the edit update came along. I was hoping for it tomorrow! Thankyou Michael.

Axe-Edit III 1.12.13 provides support for Axe-Fx III firmware 21.02 public beta 3.

The editor is available below:

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v1p12p13.dmg

Win64
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v1p12p13.exe

Win32
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-Win32-v1p12p13.exe

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.12.13
FEBRUARY 9, 2023

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 21.01

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 21.02
o Added AMP layout "59 Bassguy RI Jumped"
o Added DRIVE block layout for "Bosom Boost" and "OD-One Overdrive"
o Updated layouts for COMPRESSOR, GATE, and INPUT blocks.

* Corrected the Setlists and Songs dialog to send the song ID under the SONG table's selected row to the connected device upon clearing the SONG search field. This allows the device to send the associated Song Section information.

* Modifications to the main editor view (preset/grid/effect-editor) to clearly show that the editor is not connected to the device. These modifications include an empty preset/grid/effect-editor display and the disabling of file drag-and-drop.

* Modifications to "Import Preset + Cab Bundle" dialog to allow importing of all or a subset of the items within the bundle.

* Preset Translation modifications:
o Cab slots 3 and 4 are MUTED when converting an FM3 or FM9 preset to the Axe-Fx III.
o MODIFIER "Source1 Scale" and "Source2 Scale" are set to 100% when converting an FM3 or FM9 preset to the Axe-Fx III.

* Modifications to support Fractal-Bot version 3.0.14 (an internal editor version of Fractal-Bot). The editor's internal Fractal-Bot now allows connecting to the correct device when two-or-more of the same device (Axe-Fx III, FM3, or FM9) are connected to MacOS.

* Modifications to support Fractal-Bot version 3.0.15 (an internal editor version of Fractal-Bot). Corrected the embedded Fractal-Bot panel "Transmit All Banks File" which incorrectly gave the error "Please select a destination."
Thanks so much. My eyesight sucks do to two retinal detachments so it's really difficult for me to use the front panel of my Axe 3.

"* Modifications to "Import Preset + Cab Bundle" dialog to allow importing of all or a subset of the items within the bundle."

Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious but I am not seeing this? Reads like it will allow me to import only the preset and map to existing versions of the cabs in the bundle or maybe just ignore the cabs (for example).

I had a strange incident last night with my FX III - I created a new set list the night before and when I went back into it last night the presets for a couple of the songs changed. The preset assigned to the song was correct in Axe Edit but what was pulled up through my FC12 was different. I tried changing the preset to several different presets but it would not update. Only after I moved to a different song on the FC12 and then back to the problem one was I able to set the preset. Does this Axe Edit version fix that?

Also, are there any intentions to be able to save and recall set lists and songs ? This would be very useful for cover bands.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom