Axe-Edit 3.7.1 Released

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit 3.7.1 is now live on the website and auto-update.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-axe-edit-software.php

Release Notes

Bug Fixes:
1. Fixed a bug in Axe-Manage:Amps and Axe-Manage:Cabs that prevented drag-and-drop
operations of two or more selected items.

2. Corrected the Preset Name control’s tooltip.

Please note: As of version 3.7.0, the AMP / CAB picker now requires a double-click to make a selection.
This is similar functionality to how a Windows Explorer or an OSX Finder window operates. This change
was required in order to add multiple-selection to the picker window for assigning colors.

Looks like the file you are trying to replace (AE) is STILL in use and can't be overwritten !! :(
skipping that file is not a good idea.
Abort, kill AE and re-start the install..

Looks like the file you are trying to replace (AE) is STILL in use and can't be overwritten !! :(
skipping that file is not a good idea.
Abort, kill AE and re-start the install..

I did. Many...many...many times. Nothing.. still won't work.
Seems AE doesn't like the fact that there was a previous version...

I did. Many...many...many times. Nothing.. still won't work.
Seems AE doesn't like the fact that there was a previous version...
OK.. but the error indicates that AE is still running and cannot be replaced, as it is "in use".
Try this..
  • Start task manager and see if you can find Axe-Edit.exe running..
  • If it is.. kill the task and wait for it to disappear from the list.
  • open Windows Explorer and navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Audio".
  • find the Axe-Edit folder beneath that level and DELETE it and its contents. Should go to the Recycle Bin..
  • Re-run the 3.7.1 install program.

OK.. but the error indicates that AE is still running and cannot be replaced, as it is "in use".
Try this..
  • Start task manager and see if you can find Axe-Edit.exe running..
  • If it is.. kill the task and wait for it to disappear from the list.
  • open Windows Explorer and navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Audio".
  • find the Axe-Edit folder beneath that level and DELETE it and its contents. Should go to the Recycle Bin..
  • Re-run the 3.7.1 install program.
Thanks,
Tried all of that, nothing doing. It still comes up with the same dialogue box. I've opened a ticket with support. Never had anything like this happen before on any prior install of AE.....

I'm not sure this is a FAS issue.. sounds more like an OS (microsoft) issue.
Have you tried a reboot.. not a recycle, but a shutdown, then restart to see if that clears it ??
that error msg is very much a "file in use" error..

I'm not sure this is a FAS issue.. sounds more like an OS (microsoft) issue.
Have you tried a reboot.. not a recycle, but a shutdown, then restart to see if that clears it ??
that error msg is very much a "file in use" error..
Yes. I re-booted completely. Then tried a re-install with nothing else running. There is an issue here that has never happened with any other AE software. Very strange. Well I could be stuck on 3.7.0 forever.... :-(

Yes. I re-booted completely. Then tried a re-install with nothing else running. There is an issue here that has never happened with any other AE software. Very strange. Well I could be stuck on 3.7.0 forever.... :-(
I have never seen this before... especially after a reboot.
Did you try manually removing the target folder/directory BEFORE running the AE install after a full reboot?

I have never seen this before... especially after a reboot.
Did you try manually removing the target folder/directory BEFORE running the AE install after a full reboot?

Yes, I actually tried to remove the folder, but it wouldn't let me because it contained an application (AE). I tried to uninstall AE again manually, but it doesn't appear on the list of programs to uninstall.

Yes, I actually tried to remove the folder, but it wouldn't let me because it contained an application (AE). I tried to uninstall AE again manually, but it doesn't appear on the list of programs to uninstall.
OK.. not sure of the issue, but try this.

start up a command (CMD) prompt and "run as administrator"..
Navigate to the Axe-Edit folder using the command line. Make sure you are IN the Axe-Edit folder..
Then run 'DEL *.*' inside the folder..
Once done, exit and try the install again..

upload_2016-4-28_15-14-34.png

Thanks for the update, Michael. I couldn't locate the .paxege and .saxey files. Are they no longer accessible or used?

Back
Top Bottom