Axe-Edit 3.1.5 Released

chris

Owner's Manual Reader
Last edited:
This was released a full week ago, and they never posted anything about it???? Is this some kind of cruel joke?

probably to the beta testers. it was just uploaded to the main site for public download a few hours ago, as far as i know.

Typically announcements of the Axe-Edit or Firmware releases are handled by FAS. I was just asking if you were simply taking the liberty of doing it on your own. I figured the FAS team was going to announce both the official firmware and Axe-Edit launch at the same time.

Just curious Chris.

Oh I wasn't asked to do anything. I noticed Bot and Edit were released. I also noticed they weren't announced. Many new XL+ users as well as Firmware 18 Public Beta users have been waiting for updated software.

Since it wasn't announced or posted by Fractal, yet publicly available, I made articles on my website and posted threads here on the forum to let people know they were available.

I don't know why FAS didn't announce either Bot or Edit. Maybe they will when FW 18 final is released. But many have been waiting for Edit to support the beta of 18, so I figured it'd be cool to let people know what I discovered.

XL+ users, who just received their units over the past week, have not been able to use Axe-Edit at all since Edit was never built to communicate with the new SysEx ID of the XL+ units. Maybe they got a unique email letting them know or something.

I don't work for or with FAS in any way.

Last edited:
Is this Axe Edit compatible with the 18 beta?

The only reason I've held off on trying the 18 beta is that I read Axe Edit doesn't work with it. I'm a big Axe Edit user.

XL+ users, who just received their units over the past week, have not been able to use Axe-Edit at all since Edit was never built to communicate with the new SysEx ID of the XL+ units. Maybe they got a unique email letting them know or something.

Good call man and good lookin' out. Thanks for your input Chris!

Is this Axe Edit compatible with the 18 beta?

The only reason I've held off on trying the 18 beta is that I read Axe Edit doesn't work with it. I'm a big Axe Edit user.

it works for me. technically it requires FW 18, and the Beta "is" FW18, so i guess that's official enough :)

but just wait till the weekend and we should see the final FW18 for all units, as well as new factory presets.

Well this is a confusing thread. I didn't expect to be sent to anywhere other than Fractal's own website. Almost seems click-bait in nature to me.

Well this is a confusing thread. I didn't expect to be sent to anywhere other than Fractal's own website. Almost seems click-bait in nature to me.

sorry about that. i updated the original post to include a link to the FAS site, which is of course present in the article i link to. the link to my site provides some additional insight and information people might miss if they just download and install the new file without thinking. i did take this opportunity to get people to visit my site, which i believe is a great additional service that is free to everyone.

sorry about that. i updated the original post to include a link to the FAS site, which is of course present in the article i link to. the link to my site provides some additional insight and information people might miss if they just download and install the new file without thinking. i did take this opportunity to get people to visit my site, which i believe is a great additional service that is free to everyone.

Thanks, I find that much better :)

Hehe... the chance of me being at version 17 right now is about as close to zero as possible. I have what should probably be called an addiction to bleeding edge software. I kinda enjoy picking up all the pieces when things break. :p But I appreciate the thought regardless.

Hehe... the chance of me being at version 17 right now is about as close to zero as possible. I have what should probably be called an addiction to bleeding edge software. I kinda enjoy picking up all the pieces when things break. :p But I appreciate the thought regardless.

This ^^ :lol

Back
Top Bottom