Axe-Edit 3.0 Released!

I have the exact same problem on mine with windows 7. Like the other post suggested I just turned the value knob on the fx II unit, and it appears on my axe edit screen. I am also communicating with fractal support. I also can't change cabs. If you find out please let me know and I will do as well.

If I open Axe Edit and THEN power on my AXE FX everything works fine. If I have my AXE on and then open Axe Edit I get a "timeout" message. Scrolling through the value knob on the AXE FX interface causes the preset to suddenly to appear in Axe Edit, but then I can't change cabs (and some other things).

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? I am running FW 11, Axe Edit 3.0, OS X, and have the newest drivers installed.

Thanks in advance...[/QUOTE]

In AE 3.0 I can't access the modifiers for the different parameters in the blocks. Only the modifier for the bypass is clickable, the others seem greyed out. Control-click in the modifier doesn't work either. Mac OS 10.6.8. Anybody noticed that?

Thank you Fractal Audio team for this great release.

Probably no one has wanted/needed a working editor more than I. I've been vocal about past Axe Edit disappointments, but this release is awesome. I can now again work with my Axe the way I had always intended. Axe Edit 3 is awesome! I'm loving it and my Axe more than ever tonight. Can't relay my appreciation enough for all your hard work.

Axe Edit failed to install on my Mac Pro 2.93 8 core with 24 gigs of RAM, so I tried it on my other Mac Pro 2.25 8 core with 12 gigs I RAM.
So I tried it on my newer Mac Pro 2.66 12 core with 48 gigs of RAM and it worked!
All my Macs use Snow Leopard and never had any issue installing any software at all.
But Axe Edit 3 is working as expected so far !
Thanks FAS!

In AE 3.0 I can't access the modifiers for the different parameters in the blocks. Only the modifier for the bypass is clickable, the others seem greyed out. Control-click in the modifier doesn't work either. Mac OS 10.6.8. Anybody noticed that?

I also lost access to the modifiers within a block. I have a volume block and the "Volume Knob" has a is modifier enabled and typically tied to EP2. After the upgrade, the volume sweep only goes to 90% volume. I wanted to review the modifier but I cannot ctrl-click to open the modifier. I checked other modifiers and I cannot open them either.
I will see what I can do to resolve the issue and report back..
P.S. Macbook3,1 OSX 1.7.5, 6GB memory, Upgrade to FW11 went perfect, rebooted and deinstalled AE1.9 and installed AE3.0. AE3 seems to work fine except for the modifier. I don't know what amps/cabs updates were made, but when playing my guitar, I still sound like me. My version seems to be missing the Clapton/Talent button I had hoped for.. :-(

Back
Top Bottom