AX8 V6.02 Released

Am i just having a bad ear day or 6.02 seems more bassy? I just want to know if anyone else noticed this? I noticed it on my main clean patch.

I noticed a change too. Fairly subtle but yet noticeable. I got things pretty much back to where they were by adjusting some eq and changing some preamp tube settings.

Thank you for your work. You're awesome.

I've seen the AXE update includes a Hiwatt jumpered model's fix, is it going to be included in the AX8 soon or it'll be part of a future bigger update?

Happy holidays!

Am i just having a bad ear day or 6.02 seems more bassy? I just want to know if anyone else noticed this? I noticed it on my main clean patch.
Maybe the high are where they should...
Incidentally, I feel like overdriving the bass give a "farting" response... I don't notice this "blast" in my real amp. Maybe because I keep master lower in real life. I should investigate further...! :)

Maybe the high are where they should...
Incidentally, I feel like overdriving the bass give a "farting" response... I don't notice this "blast" in my real amp. Maybe because I keep master lower in real life. I should investigate further...! :)
Turn down speaker drive ;)

Thanks FAS team! The new speaker drive is great, might be useful for dialing in tones at lower volume that'll be used louder with a pumping 4x12, though I am starting to acclimatize to the new way of doing things.

Last edited:
Turn down speaker drive ;)

I checked, it's on 0.67. I notice the amp is JTM45 (I believe I was using capt Hook). Even on 0 speaker drive the bass clip is...
harsh. If my real JTM would clip this way, I would have to recap, rebias or fix it. I expect much rounder overdrive. I love JTM until dirty. Drive is at 2.6, master on 10, just on the verge of breakup. Give it a go and check it. Maybe my ears are gone.

I checked, it's on 0.67. I notice the amp is JTM45 (I believe I was using capt Hook). Even on 0 speaker drive the bass clip is...
harsh. If my real JTM would clip this way, I would have to recap, rebias or fix it. I expect much rounder overdrive. I love JTM until dirty. Drive is at 2.6, master on 10, just on the verge of breakup. Give it a go and check it. Maybe my ears are gone.
I can't try it at the moment cuz I'm away from my axe fx but it could also be too much power amp distortion, try to lower Mv or engage low cut switch

Master volume is way too high.

I usually keep the bass really low on the JTM to tighten it up and prevent the low end from getting farty.

I usually keep the bass really low on the JTM to tighten it up and prevent the low end from getting farty.
This. I keep it low (around 3), I think the balance in tone is good. But when you overdrive it... too fart. If you keep the bass too low (in any way in the preamp) the amp sound dull... I remember my old JTMs to be more forgiving. And when you blast them, they rock. I like the model, but you have to be very careful to not overdrive too much the amp. I try lowering the master, but you lost the juice at lower level. Maybe it is too much PI clipping? Or less? Or the preamp tubes? Or clipping hardness? In any case, I expect this model (which I love when clean) to match real life counterpart as it is. Maybe there's some wrong value in the model schematics?

Oh, the Timmy in front of JTM is god-like.

Looks like I need to update to this one asap. I appreciate the cpu reduction algorithms all day every day.

I just updated. It appears my ears hear the same. I'm not really loving it at the moment. Hmm...... No speaker drive. My Hook 2B seems bass farty to me now. It was mixed perfectly before.

This. I keep it low (around 3), I think the balance in tone is good. But when you overdrive it... too fart. If you keep the bass too low (in any way in the preamp) the amp sound dull... I remember my old JTMs to be more forgiving. And when you blast them, they rock. I like the model, but you have to be very careful to not overdrive too much the amp. I try lowering the master, but you lost the juice at lower level. Maybe it is too much PI clipping? Or less? Or the preamp tubes? Or clipping hardness? In any case, I expect this model (which I love when clean) to match real life counterpart as it is. Maybe there's some wrong value in the model schematics?

Oh, the Timmy in front of JTM is god-like.

The JTM is always a tricky one to get right. They do get farty with out a lot of encouragement. Great amp though. I don't think I'll use mine much in the future, but don't think I could part with it. Fractal stuff is too damn good.

I love the JTM 45. I use it mostly for cleaner stuff or as a pedal base, but for that thing, it is extremely thick and juicy.

What adjustments have you made when going from 6.00 to 6.02?
I updated, but I didn't have much time to tweak before a gig, so i had to roll back to 6.00. It sounded quite more bassy, i wonder what other things i should tweak when i try to update again.

Back
Top Bottom