AX8 V4.00 Release

Thanks for the responses. I have figured out what happened. Power amp modeling was turned off! :confused: I forgot that the last time I used the AX8 (a few weeks ago) I was messing around with an acoustic patch. So, user error, shame on me, don't let this happen to you, etc. Sorry to take up time and space. The unit once again rocks!

So far with 4.0 it seems any amp I try the default settings sound great. Set my gain is about it. Very minimal tweaking to get a sound. Very pleased with the update.

Was finally able to get back to my AX8 and install the latest firmware. The sound. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!

The AX8 V4.00 containing the Quantum 4.0 changes is now available for immediate download. Please take a moment to read the release notes. As always, we strongly encourage you to back up your unit before upgrading with Fractal Bot.

The new firmware is available for download here:

AX8 V4.00

In support of V4.00, a new release of AX8-Edit is also available here:

AX8-Edit V1.4.1

Firmware V4.00 Release Notes:

AX8 V4.00 contains Quantum 4.0 and so much more!

Additions
· Quantum 4.0: Improved power tube plate current vs. grid voltage accuracy. New models more accurately reflect how the response is higher order at lower grid voltages and “relaxes” into a lower order response at higher grid voltages. This improves feel when the virtual power amp is overdriven and improves harmonic content accuracy.

· All operation of AX8-Edit is now separate from the operation of the front panel. NOTE: any changes made on the front panel of the AX8 while AX8-Edit is attached will still cause a refresh of the editor. This change dramatically reduces audio dropouts due to editor interaction.

· Removed the Footswitch grid restriction of allowing the same block on multiple footswitches. Now that footswitches have the ability to be latching or momentary, it can advantageous to attach both a latching (for both BYPASS and X/Y Toggle) to a block, while allowing the BYPASS to be assigned to a momentary switch at the same time.

· Removed PICK ATTACK parameter from the AMP Block. (The value was never processed on the AX8)

· Added TILTEQ, LOWSHELF2, HIGHSHELF2, and PEAKEQ2 to the Filter block.

Fixes
· Fixed a bug causing noise issues when attaching controller to some modifiers on the AMP block.

· CS1 and CS2 now correctly load the default state on a preset change.

· The Filter on Voice 2 of the Synth block works correctly now.

· Changing the BYPASS state of a block on the LAYOUT grid correctly lights the edit LED.

· Panning all the way right with Pan parameters other than the Balance no longer mutes the output on the following effect blocks:
o Pitch
o Multi-Tap
o Enhancer
o Delay
I don't know what it is but with Q4 my guitar sounds great in my IEMs. Couldn't stand it before as it was fizzy and digital, now it's not.

Back
Top Bottom