AX8 V3.03 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting Midi delay when receiving messages program change and CC messages, this varies with different patches - any one have the same issues?

That's not really a permanent fix though. Panning 100% shouldn't mute the entire signal. Preventing it going 100% would be a temporary measure, I would imagine.
I don't know anyone who can hear the difference between 99.9% and 100%.

So, using the newest AX8Edit and this Beta, the problem where the parameter values and descriptions keep changing around and make my presets sound bad is still persisting.

I need help with this, tried rebooting and re-installing.

Regardless, as a programmer that is a work-around, not a solution.
A work-around requires effort by the user. This doesn't. The only functional difference is the value of the largest number displayed. Other than that, there is no detectable difference in function.

I'm getting Midi delay when receiving messages program change and CC messages, this varies with different patches - any one have the same issues?

Do you mean you're sending commands to the AX8 and it isn't responding immediately? Can you describe a specific case where this is happening (what are you sending, and how long is it taking, etc)?

A work-around requires effort by the user. This doesn't. The only functional difference is the value of the largest number displayed. Other than that, there is no detectable difference in function.
So then why not make the largest number displayed 100%?

I loaded 3.03 and so far no major problems (at least no return of the "non-functional" footswitch #2 issue). One weird thing did happen though, and I didn't have time to dig into it for long, but I had a preset up that had a GEQ block in it. I switched to that block to adjust something and none of the EQ controls were shown in AX8-Edit. They were shown on the unit's physical display, but not in the AX8-Edit panel where they normally would have been - it was just blank.

I haven't had time to check in other presets yet but I assume it would be the same for every GEQ block. I'll check it later.

Anyone else have this display error in a GEQ block in AX8-Edit?

Last edited:
I'm not a moderator here,
But it seems like your argument Rex, ethomas, and mbrown, might better be sorted out through private messaging.

Any one at fractal care to offer insight into why my presets are still messed up after the update? The wrong parameter problem persists.

But it seems like your argument Rex, ethomas, and mbrown, might better be sorted out through private messaging.
It's a polite exchange of ideas regarding something that affects everyone. I promise we'll take it offline if it goes into extra innings. :)

Any one at fractal care to offer insight into why my presets are still messed up after the update? The wrong parameter problem persists.
If there's a preset where this happens consistently, can you share it?

It's a polite exchange of ideas regarding a something that affects everyone. I promise we'll take it offline if it goes into extra innings. :)

If there's a preset where this happens consistently, can you share it?

Yeah it will not be until later this evening. But I'll do that.

I don't think there's any argument. We're just trying to puzzle out the 99.99% issue. No big deal.

I loaded 3.03 and so far no major problems (at least no return of the "non-functional" footswitch #2 issue). One weird thing did happen though, and I didn't have time to dig into it for long, but I had a preset up that had a GEQ block in it. I switched to that block to adjust something and none of the EQ controls were shown in AX8-Edit. They were shown on the unit's physical display, but not in the AX8-Edit panel where they normally would have been - it was just blank.

I haven't had time to check in other presets yet but I assume it would be the same for every GEQ block. I'll check it later.

Anyone else have this display error in a GEQ block in AX8-Edit?

I have checked a number of presets for this & added GEQ blocks and haven't seen this again. Just a weird one-time glitch I guess...

I have checked a number of presets for this & added GEQ blocks and haven't seen this again. Just a weird one-time glitch I guess...

I notice something possibly related, still on 3.02 though. Had a preset with geq block, connected to axe edit too. A coupe of times the geq on the axe8 showed incorrect settings, going away and back to the block fixed it through. If I notice again I'll try take more notice of what I was doing and post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom