AX8-Edit non responsive with FW3.04 -Can someone help?

Fretburner

AX8-edit was running great with FW 3.03 but when I installed 3.04 as suggested I am now getting this message. I'm running a MacBook Pro OS X 10.9 Macericks. Can anyone steer me in the right direction to fix this?

I've had similar issues and tried a shorter length usb cable and things have been fine since.

I've had similar issues and tried a shorter length usb cable and things have been fine since.
A few of us on Macs have seen the same thing as posted in the "AX8 V3.04 Release" thread - although no actual resolution as its quite intermittent.

Yes. I don't have the problem all the time. Sometimes, it's solved by restarting AX8-Edit. Other times, I have to restart the AX8.

Yeah it does seem common. I was getting a lot of grief with an 8 foot cable earlier this week but have since been a using a 4 foot cable which has been good so far which may have helped not 100% sure yet, fingers crossed.

Weird though since it worked perfectly with FW 3.03 I think it's something within the 3.04 update.
Just remembered something, when i was having the timeout problems i was trying to start AX8 edit with the AX8 on a heavy dsp preset bout 84% or more dunno if that means anything

Just remembered something, when i was having the timeout problems i was trying to start AX8 edit with the AX8 on a heavy dsp preset bout 84% or more dunno if that means anything

Any information can be useful for Fractal to debug the issue. I suggest you to post that in the main firmware 3.04 thread :D

I updated both Ax8 Edit and the Ax8 unit last night on my MacBook pro and had no difficulties using either afterward.

UPDATE with my issue,

when I got home yesterday I turned on my laptop and then the AX8. I also made sure to switch to a very simple patch that didn't have many blocks. Turned on Axe edit and it showed connecting but took probably 5 minutes for it to finally load the patch to where I could start making changes. So as of right now it seems to be working again. Very weird but seems like it had to gather all the new info from 3.04 and the first time I had this issue with it not connecting may have been because I didn't wait long enough. ? Weird, but very happy it's working again!

Thanks guys fo all the suggestions.

Yeah mate if it takes 5 mins to load up every time then something ain't right.I've got an old Mac Pro desktop and with computer already on i boot up AX8 and wait for it to load, then load up AX8 edit i timed it today AX8 edit loaded in under 10 seconds.I'm hoping the 5min start up you had was just a one off.

Last edited:
It has to re-read all the block data when you have loaded a new firmware. I don't know about Mac but on Windows and Linux it clearly states this is what it is doing.

Yeah me too.
Start AX8-edit first then power up the AX8, works for me.
Jeff, I just ran into this problem & have never had it before.

I came here, read your comment, tried it.....& boom!!! It works perfect now!

Thanks for posting this great & simple response!

X

Back
Top Bottom