Authentic amp controls - amazing

If it doesn't effect CPU or conflict, I'd rather just have both tabs on all the time instead of color or knob change ideas to differentiate all in one tab...
- Auth (simple, first go to choice)
- Ideal (with redundent controls + extras. Just ignore entire tab if not using, or you can stay on it for everything).

I like what we have now and can learn to deal either way. Just bouncing ideas.

I like having the authentic controls, and really like that I can use the ideal controls if I need to also. Couldn't ask for anything more.

It would be really cool if the delays were made authentic
Most people don’t know that the delux mind guy has chorus and vibrato or how to use the modifiers accurately on the 2290 delay
The 2290 is my go to delay for over 90% of my patches. It’s fantastic. I confess I don’t get to deep into the parameters since I kinda know what sound I’m looking for. Authentic for this pedal would be very cool!

It would be really cool if the delays were made authentic
Most people don’t know that the delux mind guy has chorus and vibrato or how to use the modifiers accurately on the 2290 delay

Soon. Did you see the commotion it caused when FAS made the amp tone page authentic? Cliff C is playing Sim City with modern guitar culture in real time, and probably trying to not start riots. But I agree, delays and effects I know even less about than amps. Blue Collar Joe gets better results when he only sees the knobs on the real thing, cause it's harder to screw up, and frustration is held at bay. The more Joe learns, the more Joe tweaks.

The only one that bugs me is the
Input drive and input trim
It confused me at first lol

The drive at least on the high gain amps 5150 DZL Uber i feel
Should be Labeled Gain for the sake of clarity if we are going for all authentic controls

Based on some of the questions i see , i am actually surprised support does not get more questions how do i turn up the gain

In real world amps they are labeled as gain and i think a lot of players would identify wirh that more than
Input drive

My .2cent

Should be Labeled Gain for the sake of clarity if we are going for all authentic controls

Based on some of the questions i see , i am actually surprised support does not get more questions how do i turn up the gain

In real world amps they are labeled as gain and i think a lot of players would identify wirh that more than
Input drive

My .2cent

Controls are not renamed according to the amp they are based on. That's a design choice.

While Gain might be the appropriate name for some amps, instead of Drive or Input Drive, it wouldn't be for other amps.

Especially non-MV amps come to mind.

I couldn't care less about authentic in general, but now my curiosity is piqued. There's no way to test this mode without resetting the BMT in every amp block of all my presets though, right?

Input drive

My .2cent
Sometimes they're labeled Gain, sometimes Drive, sometimes Volume. On an Soldano X88 they're labeled "Preamp".

Controls are not renamed according to the amp they are based on. That's a design choice.

While Gain might be the appropriate name for some amps, instead of Drive or Input Drive, it wouldn't be for other amps.

Especially non-MV amps come to mind.

I totallly get that 100% i was just mentioning if we were to total authentic a newbie that is coming from a metal band or such may wonder where is the gain control is

Again just for sake of authenticity i mention it

Sometimes they're labeled Gain, sometimes Drive, sometimes Volume. On an Soldano X88 they're labeled "Preamp".

This is true
The Archon does that and i have seen many posts asking is there no gain lol
They have a volume on the Drive channel which to me is off in a high gain design
But that me as a player and what i have been accustomed too

Limitations are helpful initially, especially to those of us less studied on the inner workings of a unit this complex.

Hey i am a seasoned player and I understand the appeal
I use my ML greatest hits Ir pack fir that reason 22 cab mixes if i want a V30 i have 5 or 6. Choice which pretty
Much all sound good depending on the model
But it nice and easy to dial in a match
To my Fender Twin or AC30 to a mesa recto in pretty much less than a minute

I love having both on axe edit. I get to explore different amps and once I get comfortable with their basic layout I can go into the ideal page. I'm more familiar with mesa so I I go even deeper to the advanced settings.

I totallly get that 100% i was just mentioning if we were to total authentic a newbie that is coming from a metal band or such may wonder where is the gain control is

Again just for sake of authenticity i mention it
I think the owners manual can help with that.

Ahh yes but how many service questions do you get a week where people are excited and dont RTM
It can be minimized by people reading the owners manual though.

We aren’t here to copy paste the manual. I’m totally fine helping people find it within the manual, but they have to put some effort. If people tell me no they haven’t read it, I don’t help them until they have (and I usually mention what page or section). Why would I just type what’s already written down there? It makes no sense to do that.

i think Amps and Drives have been a focus of the Axe platform. Effects i've never seen as "modeled" really. sure, there are some types which clearly are certain historic pedals, yet i can't see the "authentic" thing happening to the effects. just my thought.
Yes, been using Fractal since 2010, I’m kind if aware of how it is setup. I am just saying a pedalish interface for some effects would be sweet. I know there are block settings that are similar to specific classics, etc, too, but I think the Axe effects are harder to dial on the Axe than other units I have used because many are overwhelmingly complicated.

Back
Top Bottom