August Meteor Shower !!

guitarded

Experienced
According to the Boston Globe, 2012 will mark a particularly
stellar year for viewing the Perseid meteor shower,
as the Earth is expected to encounter the "core" of the Perseid swarm,
where meteoroid concentration is densest, on Aug. 12.
Meteorologist David Epstein said,
"Saturday and Sunday nights the moon will be in a waning crescent phase, therefore moonlight won't hamper viewing."

Generally the skys are pretty clear where I'm at here in Central WA. Most of the time I have a full view of the Milky way from end to end unobstructed and no city lights to wash out the stars. It should make for some really good sky watching.

Most of the time I have a full view of the Milky way from end to end unobstructed and no city lights to wash out the stars. It should make for some really good sky watching.

I've only seen that once in my life, in northern Cal. Truly amazing...

Generally the skys are pretty clear where I'm at here in Central WA. Most of the time I have a full view of the Milky way from end to end unobstructed and no city lights to wash out the stars. It should make for some really good sky watching.

Lucky Dog!!

most welcome PacoCasanovas... I plan on making it a 2 night event with the fam!

I've only seen that once in my life, in northern Cal. Truly amazing...

Just came in from looking for some shower activity but nothing yet. Totally clear some of the biggest sky I have seen yet, the only other sky I have seen that tops it is the Big Island of Hawaii north up the Kona coast.

The river down toward Parker dam is pretty nice also. Might make for a reason to get out of town this weekend. There is a really cool place called Black Meadow Landing it's on the Cali side of the river you can camp or rent a small cottage type deal. If you know someone with a boat or PWC it's a great place to kick it and star gaze at night.

Back
Top Bottom