Atomic CLR First Time at Rehearsal

Playing a gig tonight where the bar has its own PA so I will plug direct into that. Also, thinking about bringing my Atomic CLR as a personal monitor. My presets only have an Out 1 block in them. Will I need an Out 2 block for the Atomic?

Or will Out 1 with Out 2 set to copy Out 1 be enough?

Playing a gig tonight where the bar has its own PA so I will plug direct into that. Also, thinking about bringing my Atomic CLR as a personal monitor. My presets only have an Out 1 block in them. Will I need an Out 2 block for the Atomic?

Or will Out 1 with Out 2 set to copy Out 1 be enough?
The Copy option will do what you need... Just remember to turn up the knob on the front.

Another question since I recently acquired an Atomic CLR and have read some conflicting opinions on this. Plan to use it as a back line cab type thing, but won’t have any means to raise it off the ground. While reading a very informative post from TGP where someone posted the response from a Mr. Mitchell and Tom King (?), I found this,

“If you are interested primarily in covering yourself from behind, the best way to do this is to aim the speaker (again, any speaker, not just a CLR) upward so that it is pointing at your ears when you're in playing position. If you've elevated the speaker by a foot or more, use the "FF" setting. If it's on or less than a foot above the floor (but aimed upward), the "Tilt" setting will produce the flattest response.
If you want to cover the audience but won't elevate the speaker above ear level, then tilting it upward as above to place your ears on axis is the best compromise. You'll hear the on-axis response, and your audience will be within the coverage pattern of the speaker.”

Seems like both of these cover my needs; backline cab idea for stage volume and volume for people near the stage. Just so I’m perfectly clear, both of these points allude to having the atomic monitor:
1) behind me
2) tilted up towards my head
3) on the Tilt setting

Is this correct?

Here is the specific TGP thread and the post I’m referring to is post #9
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/preferred-atomic-clr-wedge-position.1810654/

I’m
Another question since I recently acquired an Atomic CLR and have read some conflicting opinions on this. Plan to use it as a back line cab type thing, but won’t have any means to raise it off the ground. While reading a very informative post from TGP where someone posted the response from a Mr. Mitchell and Tom King (?), I found this,

“If you are interested primarily in covering yourself from behind, the best way to do this is to aim the speaker (again, any speaker, not just a CLR) upward so that it is pointing at your ears when you're in playing position. If you've elevated the speaker by a foot or more, use the "FF" setting. If it's on or less than a foot above the floor (but aimed upward), the "Tilt" setting will produce the flattest response.
If you want to cover the audience but won't elevate the speaker above ear level, then tilting it upward as above to place your ears on axis is the best compromise. You'll hear the on-axis response, and your audience will be within the coverage pattern of the speaker.”

Seems like both of these cover my needs; backline cab idea for stage volume and volume for people near the stage. Just so I’m perfectly clear, both of these points allude to having the atomic monitor:
1) behind me
2) tilted up towards my head
3) on the Tilt setting

Is this correct?

Here is the specific TGP thread and the post I’m referring to is post #9
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/preferred-atomic-clr-wedge-position.1810654/
Sounds like you got it. However, environments vary. Set it to whatever sounds good. It won’t break.

Agreed.

Speakers and physics kinda conspire against us depending on the placement of the cabinet. Every surface next to the cabinet affects its lows, so be prepared to cut lows below 100Hz by 6 dB at least.
Cut the lows in my global 1 EQ ? Or in the preset itself?

Back
Top Bottom