Atomic Amps - Tom King won't return my amp - IT'S BEEN A YEAR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just joined this group because I found this specific thread. I recently went through a "not great" experience with Atomic Amps and made a video to share what my experience was like, I cite this thread specifically in the notes of the video. I found countless examples of this behavior across the internet - failing to refund and ghosting customers. I couldn't believe how many I started to find. This is a form of theft called conversion. If it were only a few here and there or we could point to COVID as a supply chain or logistics excuse, no biggie. I love small business (I'm a small business owner too) so I'd totally cut them some slack, but this thread is a clear example that this behavior has been going on for many years. Regardless of a businesses good intent or email filters or other logistic hurdles, if you don't refund people for their product that you now have in your possession, that's a form of theft. I'm surprised more hasn't been done about this.

Tag him at TGP.

I just wanted to put some fresh ink on this topic. I got a CLR about a decade ago and it was absolutely brilliant until it blew about a year ago. I let it collect dust for a while and finally got around to email Atomic. I spent 6 weeks or a couple months without a response, which brought me to this thread. I emailed Tom per a suggestion on the first page of this thread. He literally got back to me within like 15 MINUTES and explained where the oversight was. My RMA had been cancelled in their system because of my delay, so my responses to Atomic were ending up in a blackhole. Anyway- I am packing up the mainboard today and mailing it back to Atomic.
Delays can happen. Emails can get missed\lost. But, I truly believe that Tom is a straight up guy and will stand behind his products.

I picked up a pmx-12mp in the meantime. When I get the Atomic CLR back up and running, I will do an a/b comparison. Going off of my CLR memory, I think the CLR is a little more "full" sounding, in a good way. Better bass response. But I really like the footprint of the EV rig. Lighter and smaller, and still very loud and great sounding. I will do the full AB when I get my CLR back up an running.

-Phil
Has your CLR been repaired now? I’d be interested in a comparison between CLR and PMX-12MP.

I won’t go into my saga again with trying to get my CLR repaired, but after over a year battling with sending it in and paying for repair which came back months later not fixed, months of no response, I tried once again last week and to my surprise immediately received a call from Tom King apologizing for the bad experience. Saying they now have all the parts for repairs and wants to fix, or replace whatever it takes within a week turn around “no charge”if I’ll send the power amp to him.
It’s on its way to him now. I’ll follow up soon as soon as I receive it back. Optimistic 😃

Tom is definitely an enigma. Super nice and helpful when you speak to him then he will randomly ghost you. Had both of my CLR's repaired. First one took a year, 2nd one took a month. Both came back sounding great. If they break again, they are going into the trash bin. I'm not going through the process again. Life is too short.

Its a shame, great products but a total roll the dice on the support ....been through the same where I paid and never heard back and eventually had to use channels to get a refund.

He got my last one repaired quickly, but I did experience the ghosting thing for a while setting up the repair. He said they were adding personnel to get more units available and fix turn around times on repairs, and although they are often out of stock, new units are available now.

He knows he has a winning product and has dug a hole by not supporting it well. Time will tell if he makes good on it. For many, it’s too late. But we need good amplification options and I hope he makes good on fixing the support… it’ll be a shame to see Atomic tank completely.

He got my last one repaired quickly, but I did experience the ghosting thing for a while setting up the repair. He said they were adding personnel to get more units available and fix turn around times on repairs, and although they are often out of stock, new units are available now.

He knows he has a winning product and has dug a hole by not supporting it well. Time will tell if he makes good on it. For many, it’s too late. But we need good amplification options and I hope he makes good on fixing the support… it’ll be a shame to see Atomic tank completely.
Yes it would, even though I have only met him once, Tom is good people and it would be a lose to see Atomic fail.

I won’t go into my saga again with trying to get my CLR repaired, but after over a year battling with sending it in and paying for repair which came back months later not fixed, months of no response, I tried once again last week and to my surprise immediately received a call from Tom King apologizing for the bad experience. Saying they now have all the parts for repairs and wants to fix, or replace whatever it takes within a week turn around “no charge”if I’ll send the power amp to him.
It’s on its way to him now. I’ll follow up soon as soon as I receive it back. Optimistic 😃
Update....
update on above post March 1.
it took a bit over the week I was promised (5 weeks), but i received notice yesterday my new power amp is shipped. I'm optimistic to give it a workout and hopefully it's fixed!
The lack of communication has been very frustrating, however it is a problem beyond Atomic or any of the others control to get parts to repair, or to build products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom