Assigning an external pedal to a wah - where's the control selection?

MM-Chris

Experienced
I'm following the wiki:

Wahwah (FX block) - Axe-Fx II Wiki

I fired up a patch and added "Wahwah 1" to the beginning of the chain. The next step in the Wiki is to find the control parameter, and assign it to the pedal. However when I edit the block, I have the Basic screen (type, fmin, fmax, res, track, freq) and the mix screen (level, bal, byp mode), and nothing else.

What am I missing? (This has to be a newbie question, so my apologies in advance).

Right click I the middle of the control knob on the tiny controller symbol. A window pops up with assignment options and control parameters.

On the II hardware you put the 'value' knob on "control" in the wah block and hit "enter". That pulls up the controller window.

Right click I the middle of the control knob on the tiny controller symbol. A window pops up with assignment options and control parameters.

Aah thanks - I have it in Axe-Edit, but how do I get that screen using the panel on the Ultra? I don't have a II, and the MFC eats my MIDI connection, so I can't run Axe-Edit and use the foot controller at the same time.

chris, you don't assign it from the block, you assign it from either the utility menu or something along those lines. you can find the wah block in the list, click it and use the learn function then just use the pedal and it should automatically learn that the pedal is what you want to have control that block.

chris, you don't assign it from the block, you assign it from either the utility menu or something along those lines. you can find the wah block in the list, click it and use the learn function then just use the pedal and it should automatically learn that the pedal is what you want to have control that block.

That would turn the pedal into a wah bypass toggle, which doesn't seem to be what he wants. MG-Chris, see first reply in thread. You already listed the parameter that controls the sweep--it's "freq" within the wah block.

The missing step could be that in the control section of the Ultra, you first assign your expression pedal to one of the EXT1 -8 slots. Then within each patch you can assign the EXT1 or whatever you pick to control Freq for wah, or delay level, feedback - any parameter that has the symbol under it on the Axe you press enter to assign the controller.

You only need to do this once, you can then use the Exp/EXT in any patch - even assign it to control multiple parameters.

Back
Top Bottom