Ask Cliff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm flattered about this thread I really don't like divulging much about my personal life. Too many creepy people out there nowadays and other people who like to twist anything I say and use it against us (i.e. The Gear Page). The whole social aspect of social media gives me the willies.

Well said! It's amazing how much people are willing to give away about themselves...

One of the things i admire the most in the business world is when someone takes that "leap of faith" and decides to start something they believe in, knowing that there are so many risks - financially, emotionally, potentially wrecking their marriage or relationships. As well as giving the finger to their employer or doubters.

When i heard about the Axe back in early 2008, i read about Cliff (it was in a Line6 forum of all places), i said, "i gotta get this gear and support him." In fact, many of my trademark clients are gear manufacturers. I never ask for free equipment and always buy from them. The latest is Revpad, which is a multi-fx box combined with a Kaos type pad. Pretty cool device and probably can be hooked to the Axe to control parameters as opposed to EPs.

Alex Lifeson is one of my top 3 guitarists (Hackett and Howe are the others). Best concert i ever saw was the Moving Pictures tour at MSG. After hearing Xanadu, the next day i had to immediately learn to play it. Finally got an SG Doubleneck in White two years ago. Nothing better than posing in a mirror and playing Xanadu (or And You and I or Song Remains the Same).

Anyway, CC is awesome, has a kick-ass company, unbelievably helpful and patient exployeed and a product that never ceases to amaze. But, you already knew that.

The whole social aspect of social media gives me the willies.

I know a guy named willie, he will be very hurt to know you are willieOphobe. lol! that's meant as a joke but nowadays some people are just looking for some reason for some purpose that I have yet to understand.

The whole social aspect of social media gives me the willies.
My feeling as well. In this age of identity theft, social media pushes us to publicly offer up all kinds of personal information under the guise of bringing us all together, when the real reason is to allow the social media companies to make money from our personal information by selling it to advertisers and others.

Sadly, this scam is so pervasive that it's now being played out by mainstream companies on a massive scale. Companies like Apple, Microsoft and Google put information-harvesting hooks into our computers, tablets and phones, right down at the operating-system level, where you can't turn them off. That's why Windows 10 was free. By making it free, Microsoft walked away from billions of dollars in sales, because the real money is in trading your personal information.

Okay, rant over. But man, it felt good. :)

cliff...hats off to you for developing these awesome products!!....but as a huge rush fan my burning question is....are we ever gonna see the marshall 4140 being modelled and released ?
thx..

My feeling as well. In this age of identity theft, social media pushes us to publicly offer up all kinds of personal information under the guise of bringing us all together, when the real reason is to allow the social media companies to make money from our personal information by selling it to advertisers and others.
Dude, you should SEE the monster check I cashed in February from all the data mining we do on the forum here. :D

(Editor's Note: this is a joke. We don't mine your data on the forum or save it in any way you can't see. Cliff even foots the bill to run the forum without advertising. Thank him for that when you get the chance, eh?)

(Editor's Note: this is a joke. We don't mine your data on the forum or save it in any way you can't see. Cliff even foots the bill to run the forum without advertising. Thank him for that when you get the chance, eh?)
I didn't even realize there weren't ads until just now because of all the ad blockers I have to try to stop them. No "We noticed you're using an adblocker" or blank AdSense panes, or any of that internet garbage. Thanks Cliff!

While I'm flattered about this thread I really don't like divulging much about my personal life. Too many creepy people out there nowadays and other people who like to twist anything I say and use it against us (i.e. The Gear Page). The whole social aspect of social media gives me the willies.

An unfortunate reality, that we must shield ourselves and family from the outside world.

I'm with you man! Totally agree. I own my own business and I go by what you just stated here.

Finally had a chance to play through about half my presets for a bit tonight. I've not dug very deep into Q7.0 but man, I'm liking what I'm hearing. I've only had one preset (so far) that needed any serious tweaking. It was for the end of Behind Blue Eyes, and the amp model I was using (don't even recall what it was) just too muddy and thin for the part. So I dropped in the new Brit 800 #34, spent about 15 seconds playing with the main tab, and bam! It had the "ka-rang" that I've always been missing for that song.

...We don't mine your data on the forum or save it in any way you can't see. Cliff even foots the bill to run the forum without advertising. Thank him for that when you get the chance, eh?)

I help run an ad-free forum with a little less traffic than this one, so I fully understand the effort and expense involved. Once again, my hat's off to Cliff and the whole Fractal team. Thanks!

I'm with you man! Totally agree. I own my own business and I go by what you just stated here.

Yup; I see it as a generation thing as well ... us old farts remember and revere privacy, while the new kids apparently have little to no problem being tracked, targeted and sold to ... I know my two sons have no issue with it.

I on the other hand, avoid social media as much as I can - only posting on two sites that have to do with my avocations (Here and some other non-music related forum).

Add in just how offended people get at varying opinions, (we used to call it healthy debate) and you instantly get labeled with some problematic, identity-politic "...ism", in a hate-filled rant about what an awful person you are for having an individual perspective other than the collective (i.e.Borg). We lost Socratic logic, individualism, personal accountability and autonomy in favor of indoctrination and anonymous bullying.

Last edited:
@FractalAudio here's my question to you sir. What are those inital moments like you are trying an improved algorithm for the first time after making a new discovery? It must be like switching on thousands of Christmas lights for the first after spending a week putting them on your house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom