Are scenes selectable?

InsideOut

Power User
Wondering if the scenes in the upcoming fw will be selectable? Meaning can we set up an ia for each scene and select any one we want, or will we have to step through them?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reading between the lines of the pre-release notes etc. it SOUNDS like there will be 8 specific MIDI messages to directly select any of the 8 scenes once a preset is loaded, so I am thinking that you can in fact jump directly to a specific scene without having to step through all of them.

IMHO etc. disclaimers apply - I could be totally off track, but this is what I took away from the other discussions.

'Stepping through' would defeat the purpose of scenes, which is fast switching.

Reactions: gpz
'Stepping through' would defeat the purpose of scenes, which is fast switching.

I agree. I was just looking for verification from one of you beta type peoples :thumbup:

Reading between the lines of the pre-release notes etc. it SOUNDS like there will be 8 specific MIDI messages to directly select any of the 8 scenes once a preset is loaded, so I am thinking that you can in fact jump directly to a specific scene without having to step through all of them.

IMHO etc. disclaimers apply - I could be totally off track, but this is what I took away from the other discussions.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Cliff just posted this in another thread, so I'm not overstepping by sharing it here:

************************************************** *****************************

Added eight “scenes” to each preset. Each scene allows for different combinations of bypass states and X/Y state (if applicable) for the effects. For example, Scene 1 may have everything bypassed while Scene 2 has several effects engaged. Furthermore, Scene 3 may be identical to Scene 2 except that one or more blocks have a different X/Y state. Scenes allow the user to easily switch between various combinations of bypass and X/Y states within a given preset. Furthermore, switching scenes does not disturb the routing so spillover is unaffected. Additionally, each scene stores the output level independently allowing for different volumes between scenes. Scenes can be changed via MIDI CC. Additionally, the mapping mode allows mapping a PC message to not only a preset but also a given scene. Scenes can be manually selected when in the Layout or Recall menu using the ‘A’ Quick Control knob. NOTE: spillover may be affected if switching between X/Y states if drastically different algorithms exist between the two states. For example, if one scene has a Digital Delay and the next scene uses a Tape Delay, spillover will probably not function correctly as these modes use different algorithms.

The Global Bypass continuous controller parameter has been replaced with the Scene Select continuous controller parameter since Scene Select can accomplish everything Global Bypass could ever do. Note that using Scene Select in place of Global Bypass will probably select Scene #8 (if the CC has values of 0 or 127). Existing presets will have all blocks engaged in the new scenes so the operation should be identical to Global Bypass.

New power amp modeling with improved dynamic response. This new modeling features improved transformer/plate interaction modeling resulting in better feel. The Supply Sag parameter is more responsive as a result. Additionally, crossover and transformer hysteresis distortion modeling is improved resulting in more overtones when playing softly. This also improves controlled feedback performance and yields a more aggressive tone at lower Power Tube Bias settings. The Global menu allows the choice of Version 9.xx, 8.xx or 7.xx modeling to suit individual tastes. Note that Version 9.xx is slightly quieter so don’t be swayed by Fletcher-Munson effects when evaluating differences.

Set TMA block Resolution mode to High by default.

Compressor block now has two Pedal types. “Pedal 1” is the same as before while “Pedal 2” uses a different algorithm which is smoother and pumps less.

Added Badger 30 model based on 30W version of Suhr Badger. This model has been placed in the position formerly held by the Spawn Fastrod model (see below).

All three “gears” of the Splawn Quickrod have now been modeled. The Spawn Fastrod has been renamed “Spawn Q-Rod 3rd”. “Spawn Q-Rod 1st” and “Spawn Q-Rod 2nd” models have been added. All three models now appear in order starting at position 101.

The Amp block Type parameter is now a dedicated page to facilitate selecting the desired type in light of the copious models available. Selection is afforded via the Value knob as well as the Navigation buttons. The Boost switch has been moved to the Advanced menu. The Boost stwitch is now also modifiable so it can be activated remotely.

Numerous MIDI enhancements to support Axe-Edit TNP.

Fixed incorrect bias value in Spawn Fastrod model.

Fixed unable to access certain parameters in Vocoder block.

Upcoming new version of AE, named after "The New Paradigm" (TNP).
This version is re-designed / re-written for better communication with the hardware.

I'd still like a kind of step up/ step down functionality for the scenes, otherwise I'd had to waste 8 IA's to get access to all scenes. I don't see the advantage of the concept maxed, when I have to replace my IA's to get access to secenes.

my new concept for scenes on my fcb1010 is:
take the upper bar for song selection
take the lower bar for scene selection in the specific song. this way i can have 50 songs with 4 specific sounds for chorus, solo etc. for each song :)
as long as i can switch scenes without using pc commands this should work :)

I'd still like a kind of step up/ step down functionality for the scenes, otherwise I'd had to waste 8 IA's to get access to all scenes. I don't see the advantage of the concept maxed, when I have to replace my IA's to get access to secenes.

The concept of scenes is enable gapless switching (audio), not to replace the functionality of presets.

You will be able to use Program Change Mapping to directly jump to a scene.

Or you can program up to 4 IAs, where each IA controls two scenes, requiring only one or two stomps to jump to a specific scene.Or less IAs if you don't really need all 8 scenes.

Last edited:
my new concept for scenes on my fcb1010 is:
take the upper bar for song selection
take the lower bar for scene selection in the specific song. this way i can have 50 songs with 4 specific sounds for chorus, solo etc. for each song :)
as long as i can switch scenes without using pc commands this should work :)

+1
This is pretty much what I plan on doing with my stock FCB1010. The "scenes" feature will really breathe new life into the functionality of very basic MIDI controller pedal boards....can't wait!! Great feature addition.

Back
Top Bottom