Apple unveils biggest update to Logic since the launch of Logic Pro X

Just be aware before you update, there's a pretty significant workflow-disrupting bug in 10.5. The playhead can get stuck when you push play so it is impossible to listen back to your project. Quite a few users are reporting this. The only fix is to restart Logic.

I've been a long time Cubase user and have never tried Logic. How does Logic perform with midi programming? I like the drum editor on Cubase, does Logic do well in this area? I'm a Mac user and soon upgrading to a new machine so flirting with the idea of a new DAW

I've been a long time Cubase user and have never tried Logic. How does Logic perform with midi programming? I like the drum editor on Cubase, does Logic do well in this area? I'm a Mac user and soon upgrading to a new machine so flirting with the idea of a new DAW

You just described two advantages of Cubase over Logic :). There are advantages of Logic over Cubase, for example the included plugins, but MIDI editing has more features in Cubase. While you can name notes on a midi editor in Logic, it doesn't have anything as advanced as the Cubase drum editor.

My hour spent with it last night says your SD3 investment is safe. :) But anyone using EZDrummer will be hard pressed to justify any more upgrades there. I was even able to mix and match auto-grooves and MIDI-based groove files on one track line.

I've struggled with EZ Drummer from day one.....two years ago. I'm not a drummer, so maybe that's part of the problem. You'd think it would be SIMPLE to choose a simple 4/4 beat, assign a time and then jam. Not for me. EZ drummer wants to snazz it up for me and I have to go in and edit out the extra fills or accents, cut it and then paste it x30. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. I like how you can really program your own thing. But my attention span won't allow for it and I'd rather spend my time on the guitar.

The cool thing is that I can plug in my cheap elec. drums and use a bunch of kits and the drums take on the sounds of those kits. My friends think it's cool. I don't drum...lol.

Back
Top Bottom