Anyone else find 8.0 stiffer than 7.0?

Thats exactly where I was going when I said it 'felt stiff'. It fights you a little and itsn't quite as easy to play. It sound open for sure, but adding preamp compression or supply sag doesn't bring that easy play feeling I found in 7.0.

I will note that I'm starting to get used to it and it sounds a little better in a mix.

Trazan.. to my ears, the 8.0 tones sound a little less compressed..
"more uncomfortable to play"
makes me think of the extra 'sensitivity' from the natural compression you get when playing with high gain..
I'm wondering [guessing a little as work has been done in the preamp] if the preamp in 8.0 is a little less compressed than in 7.0

maybe try turning up the compression just a little in the amp block to see if it gives you that 'feeling' back

8.01 is up. You can select V7 or V8 amp modeling. So choose whichever suits you and be happy.

ahhh... and there ya go...

you get to have your cake and eat it...

personally, I found the cleans and low gainers in 8.0 to be a little 'richer'

the only thing I think I have to contend with from 7.0 and up is that the preamps seem a touch hotter..
so this means I need to choose slightly lower amp: drive values for my modifier's 'min' settings... nooooo biggie..

loved 7.0
loved 8.0

reckon I'll be loving 8.01

and I think I'll be leaving the Global default t 8.xx
it's really working for me

EDIT: thanks Cliff and all y'all at FAS... stellar stuff...

Trazan, while not discounting your claim that 8 is more uncomfortable to play, I have to say that I prefer the tone in 8 over 7 (in your clips). It has a sweeter sound to my ear. FWIW.

Of course, and you're allowed to! That's a matter of taste. However, I just want things to act like the amps i'm familiar with, and if I want different (e.g. attack) behaviour I'll use additional processing.

8.01 is up. You can select V7 or V8 amp modeling. So choose whichever suits you and be happy.

Happy! :)

Thanks a lot Cliff !!! Great addition !
I just hope this feature will now be there for each future tone modification, and maybe selectable per preset in near future ? ;)

Back
Top Bottom