Anybody using the Dangerous Music 2-Bus Summing Mixer?

barhrecords

Axe-Master
I know a few of the forumites are studio cats.

Anybody using the Dangerous Music 2-Bus Summing Mixer?

I'm thinking of getting one and wanted to know what some users think.

i used one once I think, but i cant be sure if it was the dangerous music one or a different one. it was good whatever it was! that doesn't really help does it haha.

I've thought about trying analog summing for years, but I've been able to get excellent results using Slate Digital's Virtual Console Collection and mastering through a nice analog chain. My clients don't seem to care that their mixes are ITB. Plus, recalls are super easy which is essential these days.

I'm actually going to use it just as a mixer for patching in sources like the Fractal.

Right now I'm using a cheap Mackie and I can hear some smearing vs. connecting the Fractal directly to my monitor controller and bypassing the Mackie.

Now that I have two Fractals, I would really like a high headroom transparent mixer to keep everything patched.

I'm actually going to use it just as a mixer for patching in sources like the Fractal.

Right now I'm using a cheap Mackie and I can hear some smearing vs. connecting the Fractal directly to my monitor controller and bypassing the Mackie.

Now that I have two Fractals, I would really like a high headroom transparent mixer to keep everything patched.

Oh geez...the difference will be AMAZING! Totally different stratosphere.

However, the 2-Buss isn't really a mixer per se. Sure it combines signals but it doesn't have individual level controls for the inputs, only for the master (stereo) output.

For your application, there are probably better suited products.

Oh geez...the difference will be AMAZING! Totally different stratosphere.

However, the 2-Buss isn't really a mixer per se. Sure it combines signals but it doesn't have individual level controls for the inputs, only for the master (stereo) output.

For your application, there are probably better suited products.

I just don't have room for a decent desk in my current configuration. So rackmount was attractive.

Back
Top Bottom