Any worship guitarists willing to share some presets?

This is my first time using a Fractal product since I had a Standard 6 or 7 years ago. I finally get the phrase it just sounds more realer :p Anyways I'm trying to set up patches I could use for church we play a lot of Bethel, Jesus Culture, Hillsong stuff like that. Anyone willing to share some tips or better yet some presets that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
The key parts are your various drive/gain stages and the delay configuration in each song.

My template (built on Axe FX II, with intention to port over to AX8) consists of a compressor, two low/med gain drives, amp/cab, two delay blocks (in parallel unless the patch calls for serial delays like 1/4 into dotted 8th), a parallel MultiDelay Plex Shift into a filter for shimmer (on the Axe FX II, I'd also put that chain into a fully wet reverb), and a parallel reverb at the end (Studio C with high modulation on X, Deep Space with high decay on Y).

Since I haven't had the chance to test this on the AX8, I also plan on keeping around 2-3 of my favorite analog drives with a loop switcher, to free up CPU if necessary.

Basically I only change the delay flavor, tempo, and modifiers in each preset (one preset per song). Most presets I'll have several scenes for different sections of the song, enabling/bypassing compression, drives, delays and shimmer as necessary.

Occasionally I'll add something entirely different that's necessary for the song. For example, this Sunday I'll have a preset for Paul Baloche's "O Come All Ye Faithful". I added a post-amp pitch block (Fixed Harmony) with the mix attached to my expression pedal, so toe down mixes in a major 3rd harmony on some of the lead lines.

For the amp, I've been really digging Deluxe Verb Vib, the recently tweaked AC30TB, and the Matchbox (Matchless) DC-30.

The key parts are your various drive/gain stages and the delay configuration in each song.

My template (built on Axe FX II, with intention to port over to AX8) consists of a compressor, two low/med gain drives, amp/cab, two delay blocks (in parallel unless the patch calls for serial delays like 1/4 into dotted 8th), a parallel MultiDelay Plex Shift into a filter for shimmer (on the Axe FX II, I'd also put that chain into a fully wet reverb), and a parallel reverb at the end (Studio C with high modulation on X, Deep Space with high decay on Y).

Since I haven't had the chance to test this on the AX8, I also plan on keeping around 2-3 of my favorite analog drives with a loop switcher, to free up CPU if necessary.

Basically I only change the delay flavor, tempo, and modifiers in each preset (one preset per song). Most presets I'll have several scenes for different sections of the song, enabling/bypassing compression, drives, delays and shimmer as necessary.

Occasionally I'll add something entirely different that's necessary for the song. For example, this Sunday I'll have a preset for Paul Baloche's "O Come All Ye Faithful". I added a post-amp pitch block (Fixed Harmony) with the mix attached to my expression pedal, so toe down mixes in a major 3rd harmony on some of the lead lines.

For the amp, I've been really digging Deluxe Verb Vib, the recently tweaked AC30TB, and the Matchbox (Matchless) DC-30.

If you need crunch and clean in the same patch, try using a clean amp for x and high gain for y. If you have a tons of effects this can save a lot of cpu by leaving out drive pedals

If you have an expression pedal...set up a parallel chain after the cab with a multi delay feeding into a huge reverb both 100% wet. Set the input gain on the delay to be controlled by the expression pedal.

This is my first time using a Fractal product since I had a Standard 6 or 7 years ago. I finally get the phase it just sounds more realer :p Anyways I'm trying to set up patches I could use for church we play a lot of Bethel, Jesus Culture, Hillsong stuff like that. Anyone willing to share some tips or better yet some presets that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Plex detune type in multi-delay and long decay time with higher mix levels in the reverb block are great for ambient sounds.

If you need crunch and clean in the same patch, try using a clean amp for x and high gain for y. If you have a tons of effects this can save a lot of cpu by leaving out drive pedals
Another thing I like to do is vary the amp gain with a scene controller. I have a button setup for Scene1/2 switching and use it basically like a channel switcher on an amp.

I find this more seamless than X/Y switching, although in recent updates the switching gap is almost negligible.

It also means that within a patch I can get 4 amp sounds if I really need to - Amp 1 clean/crunch and Amp 2 clean/crunch. Works well if I just feel like using one patch for an entire set as I have a wider tone palette.

Another thing I like to do is vary the amp gain with a scene controller. I have a button setup for Scene1/2 switching and use it basically like a channel switcher on an amp.

I find this more seamless than X/Y switching, although in recent updates the switching gap is almost negligible.

It also means that within a patch I can get 4 amp sounds if I really need to - Amp 1 clean/crunch and Amp 2 clean/crunch. Works well if I just feel like using one patch for an entire set as I have a wider tone palette.

great ideas

It's not uncommon to have 3-4 drive stages in addition to clean (in the P&W genre). Amp X/Y and scenes controllers on gain are one way to handle it, but there's definitely something special about stacking drive pedals/blocks into a clean(ish) amp.

Here is all because of Jesus. I'm using a Plexi 100 watt high. There is only one footswitch for scene 1/2 toggle. Verse scene 1 Dotted 8th. Chorus Scene 2 with an added overdrive for fun. I just wanted to start the ball rolling.

Attachments

• All Because of Jesus_AX8.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 109
I'm Axe II player right now, but I'm hoping to add an AX8 for church soon. My typical presets are Matchless Chieftain (Boutique1) and/or Suhr Badger based. I usually have some sort of drive in front of the amp as that seems to help me get to the sound in my head. I use an X/Y to switch between lower and higher gain settings. Multi-delay for all those fun shimmer tones. The reverbs are great. I only experimented a little bit, but the latest firmware has some awesome analog delay types too.

I also highly recommend looking through the blocks Simeon created a while back as they are stellar. http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...-presets-available-now-updated-to-v19.101414/

Also check out the Morgan AC20. Killer sounding amp for Vox-ish stuff if, like me, you're not a huge Vox fan.

Absolutely!! Amazing amp that cleans up beautifully with your guitars volume control, and then widens to a massive sound for the more driving parts of the songs. Perfect for modern worship!

EDIT: I do use the AC30TB as well cos I love the Vox amp especially for cleans

Last edited:
Plex detune type in multi-delay and long decay time with higher mix levels in the reverb block are great for ambient sounds.

Also try the Pitch Shifter Crystals. I have a patch for Crystals and another for the Detune cos I find they can be very useful in different atmospheric (reflective) scenarios.

My worship template has a dc30 and whatever can I'm on at the moment, plus volume pedal, 2 drives, 2 delays in parallel and a verb in parallel, plus a null filter at the end for a solo boost. I then tweak levels, x/y settings etc per song and set up my scenes for each section. I am a oer song preset kind of guy.

This is my first time using a Fractal product since I had a Standard 6 or 7 years ago. I finally get the phrase it just sounds more realer :p Anyways I'm trying to set up patches I could use for church we play a lot of Bethel, Jesus Culture, Hillsong stuff like that. Anyone willing to share some tips or better yet some presets that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Tips and presets won't matter they're all pointless unless you're playing a Gretsch White Falcon :D

Anyone have a clean AC30 block\preset? So many of the default AX8 amps are edge of breakup or heavy distortion.

Back
Top Bottom