Any way to have the Axe interpret incoming PC messages as CC instead?

james...

Experienced
Basically, I have a midi pedal that ONLY does PC messages. Is it in any way possible to have to axe interpret these as CC so I can swap scenes instead of only being limited to preset switch only?

That's an old feature, but that doesn't use PC to control scene selection. It only lets you select a specific scene when selecting a specific preset. In other words, you would have to program a mapping for every scene of every preset you will ever use, and then reprogram your midi controller every time you change presets :).

To use a PC-capable midi controller to select scenes for any preset, just like CC works, the AxeFX needs to be changed to be able to interpret a dedicated range of 8 PC messages as scene selection instead of preset selection.

Last edited:
Interesting. Because I have a FC12 I skipped the PC mapping pages in the manual.
But for back up I could use my old midi footcontroller and now know where to look ;)

That's an old feature, but that doesn't use PC to control scene selection. It only lets you select a specific scene when selecting a specific preset. In other words, you would have to program a mapping for every scene of every preset you will ever use, and then reprogram your midi controller every time you change presets :).

To use a PC-capable midi controller to select scenes for any preset, just like CC works, the AxeFX needs to be changed to be able to interpret a dedicated range of 8 PC messages as scene selection instead of preset selection.

The only required change for that to happen, would be adding the value "current" to "To Preset" in Mapping.

Still, to change presets you'd still need to do that on the hardware itself, so what's the real advantage here ...

Also, FAS makes money from selling hardware, including controllers, so they may not be really motivated to do this ... ;-)

The only required change for that to happen, would be adding the value "current" to "To Preset" in Mapping.

Yes, that would be a good user interface for the feature I've requested. In other words, a mapping that says: "Change only the scene, not the preset". You would then define up to 8 of those mappings.

Also, FAS makes money from selling hardware, including controllers, so they may not be really motivated to do this ... ;-)

Yes, I'm aware of that factor. Hopefully Cliff can see a bigger picture here though :).

Back
Top Bottom