Any tips/tutorials on a good way to blend?

nellings6

Inspired
Ive been working with a Fryette and FAS modern, just trying to give it some good pushing power. I havent ever gotten into the Tonestack types before so Im not sure what would be best but Im running them both 50/-50 and saturating the Modern.

I blend all the time, I try to pick amps that are complimentary, set each to mute on bypass, and work with each separately. Some forethought is helpful- I know what I want to achieve in the end, so I try to bring out the best in each amp to get there.

Also note that the sound you are looking for might actually be had by using another cab and not another amp. I blend those too btw :p

Yeah I remember blending 2 cabs once and I really enjoyed what came together. Not sure how different it would be to do it now since it was pre 4.00 FW

I got an idea I might try. If you like the highs on one amp and the lows on another, try cutting highs on the good lows and lows on the good highs and try to blend the mids. Sounds like a plan to me :)

I got an idea I might try. If you like the highs on one amp and the lows on another, try cutting highs on the good lows and lows on the good highs and try to blend the mids. Sounds like a plan to me :)

Something I meant to try but haven't, is to set up 2 Plexi amps and dial one to emulate the II "bass" channel and one for the I "treble" channel. With the real amps I always preferred to Y them together and blend to taste.

A mate of mine said, try blending two completely different amps.

One that is dry and brittle with scooped mids, and one that is wet and saturated with some nice Midrange juice.

Smash the Mids out of the dry amp, focus the mids in the wet amp and fuck about with the presence controls etc, Ive found the Fryette 60M and the 5150 blend really well for my setup, massive bottom end and focused tight mids with lots of purr and saturated attack!

A mate of mine said, try blending two completely different amps.

One that is dry and brittle with scooped mids, and one that is wet and saturated with some nice Midrange juice.

Smash the Mids out of the dry amp, focus the mids in the wet amp and fuck about with the presence controls etc, Ive found the Fryette 60M and the 5150 blend really well for my setup, massive bottom end and focused tight mids with lots of purr and saturated attack!

Now when you say saturated attack, did you actually saturate one of the amps in AE?

Back
Top Bottom