Any news about FM9 Beta Firmware?

nervous marco mama GIF by Worcester Warriors

Lol not looking good windows closing in the next 45 mins
I have a few gigs coming up. I wouldn't install this weekend anyway.
If it did drop "soon", I'd probably just come here with popcorn to read all the complaints. No one's ever happy.

They said it was going private Beta June 23 in a week. I would think that the week wait and 4 more weeks to find bugs would put us at 7/21 or 7/28 Unless bugs are found. This is going to be a big release with Dyna Cabs and Revv amp for me. They don't release them premature because of people like me that will have a gig and do a Beta anyway.

I could be wrong, but I wouldn't expect the beta firmware until the FM3 gets the full release. I know I wouldn't want to support 2 beta firmwares at the same time.

I could be wrong, but I wouldn't expect the beta firmware until the FM3 gets the full release. I know I wouldn't want to support 2 beta firmwares at the same time.
There is also an issue affecting some within loud feedback or screeching that they have not said was fixed
I think at minimum you will need to see a stable beta with those issues
Resolved before they go Beta on FM9
That said they are also 2 different products and Dev team so perhaps same issues are not present or already resolved in current private
beta for the 9

They have different development teams for FM3 and FM9. I've seen beta firmware for both out at the same time.

They have different development teams for FM3 and FM9. I've seen beta firmware for both out at the same time.
It doesnt make sense for betas in parallel as the bugs that are found in one beta can be fixed before the other beta is released to the public. Maybe not all bugs can be found as the code is different, but there is still shared learning as the issues are found.

It doesnt make sense for betas in parallel as the bugs that are found in one beta can be fixed before the other beta is released to the public. Maybe not all bugs can be found as the code is different, but there is still shared learning as the issues are found.
Take that up with fractal, they have beta's out for both all the time. It makes sense to me to have both going as the firmware for both are different enough that if they have an issue with the FM3, it does not mean it will have that same issue with the FM9.

Take that up with fractal, they have beta's out for both all the time. It makes sense to me to have both going as the firmware for both are different enough that if they have an issue with the FM3, it does not mean it will have that same issue with the FM9.
I get they do. It just seems like it would be more difficult to manage.

Back
Top Bottom