Any Current/Past Randall/Egnater RMS Users?

tomc3084

Experienced
Thinking about, and looking through some amps the last couple hours, and I came across these third party mods from Salvation and Jaided Faith Randall Modules. The Salvation mods especially looks friggin' awesome, and super versatile. The ones that really peaked my interest are the Mash All +, Mash-oldano, Chupacabre, Angel E, Baseman, and Twinface. Any of you guys have any experience with the modded modules? And what about the stock modules, how are they? Also, I definitely want either the 50, or even better the 22 for less wattage, but if I do go with the 50, how is the combo? And say I went Marshall Module, Fender, and Mesa Modules, since there's such a difference in tone, what kind of speaker could cop that tone? I see you can change the tubes from 6l6s to el34s, does it change the sound much, I guess I am asking could you cop a marshall tone from a marshall module with 6l6's, or does it sound much different? Obviously the speakers a huge part, what is the best speaker to use with a large variety of modules? I'd rather not use it with impulses, because I am sure doing it that way the Axe FX II sounds just as good.

I had an Egnater M4 but sold it to buy the AXE. I do regret selling that preamp because the module system is pretty friggin cool. I would decide which amp tones you want to nail and build your rig around that, then when you want other types of tones, you will still get pretty close, but your rig will excel at the tube/speaker combo you decide on. If you're leaning Marshall, then el34 and Celestion V30's, Greenbacks, or G1265's sound like a good fit. I actually like the V30's, they are pretty versatile actually. Yeah, some people don't like the mid spike, but honestly, I think it fits the guitar pretty well.

Regarding the modules, the mods are pretty pricey, but they look cool and do offer more tonal options than stock modules. It's like an addiction however, so be careful! :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom