Any Billy Gibbons patches?

metalpriest

Would love to have a Billy Gibbons-style sound from any
era. Yes, I tried the "I'm Nationwide" preset, but, eh,
doesn't really capture his sound, to my ears.

Hopefully, something a little more recent, along the
lines of, "My Head's in Mississippi". Thanks for any help.

I find the HBE does a great job of ZZ type tones since it cleans up really well ala La Grange. Has that nice snarl when cranked.

TT

Would like a few too, but only gathered some tips so far:

- Radley, PEQ: An approximation of a Billy Gibbons/ZZ Top OD tone would probably involve low/hi rolloffs of somewhere around 165z and 3.2kz - tweak Q according to taste, and don’t forget the 3 remaining para bands. | Use JMP-1? / For a pick, Billy Gibbons likes to use a Mexican peso coin.(?)
- smilefan [on his Reverend Billy G preset for II]: The first one (Rev Billy G) is actually a model of a '62 Brownface Deluxe. With a DOD overdrive into a Bender Fuzz. People assumed he was playing Tweeds, but many videos attest it was Brown Deluxes in the early days (with multiple stacked pedals). http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...ounds-heres-mine-wheres-yours.html#post596036

I think Tommy Tequila is right, I use the HBE amp and 4X12 greenbacks, and gets me close to the old ZZ top vintage "marshall gonna blow up" tone esp. with a slight boost in front...add a little room sound in the cab and yer off and running!

I've got a couple of ZZ "work in progress" patches with the Texas Star sim that are sounding pretty good as well.

Back
Top Bottom