Another FW18.xx vs 19b1 comparison ...

Rezarc SP

Hi all, I also noticed a change in the sound from 18 to 19, and I couldn't work out what was going on ... it was driving me mad.

This is a track I've been jamming on with 18.12 with the 50w Bright Plexi (sorry - I only have a short Snippet for 18.12):

And here is the 19b1 version:

I didn't use any drive blocks - just the amp.
The 18.12 version sounds a lot better to me. As far as I know, I didn't change any EQ or anything, although it was over a week ago - so who knows ? All I know is that I want that sound back.
Apparently, its better again with 19b2, but i haven't had a chance to test it yet. I'm looking forward to the final 19 release. I'm confident it will sound awesome.

When I played 19 my tones sounded harder(feel) if that makes sense, but have to admit haven't had enough time with it yet.
many parameters to play with

Sounds like a volume difference, on my end. Any chance it's something simple like that? I haven't noticed any negative difference, although I also haven't made any recordings to directly compare.

Sounds like a volume difference, on my end. Any chance it's something simple like that? I haven't noticed any negative difference, although I also haven't made any recordings to directly compare.
yeah, I tried different levels in the mix, also different eq and compression settings, but couldn't quite get it. No biggie - just thought the 18.12 sounded thicker and punchier. Lets see what happens with b2 and the subsequent full release.

I know what you mean - your 18.12 Sound sounds more clear and a more direkt tone.

Strange - 19beta2 sounds more clear than 18.12! Have you reset the Ampblock?

A more clear Sound would be great to hear all you great chops and playing!

Don't know about the tone but WoW, in a lot of your playing your good taste is World Class! Truely Top 10 *up there* for me :)

Who are your main influences...?

Aww - thanks ! I listen to everything from Debussy to Death Metal, but in terms of guitar influences it would be the usual suspects for Jazz and Jazz Fusion - Scott Henderson, Allan Holdsworth, John Scofield, Wes Montgomery, George Benson etc etc. Also, "bluesy" influences like SRV, Albert Collins, Robben Ford, Hendrix etc. Too many guitarists to mention, really - I love 'em all pretty much.

Aww - thanks ! I listen to everything from Debussy to Death Metal, but in terms of guitar influences it would be the usual suspects for Jazz and Jazz Fusion - Scott Henderson, Allan Holdsworth, John Scofield, Wes Montgomery, George Benson etc etc. Also, "bluesy" influences like SRV, Albert Collins, Robben Ford, Hendrix etc. Too many guitarists to mention, really - I love 'em all pretty much.
Thanks. Again, *tons* of nice touches :encouragement:

With "Top 10", I was putting your best moments along some of the tasty greats you have mentioned. For me those would be Larry Carlton, Robben Ford, George Benson, Metheny, vintage Lukather, Pat Martino, Emily Remler, ...

For influences, maybe I was in first instance curious about your altered / 'outside' playing influences, because I love that it holds a great balance between tension and remaining tasty and accessible enough to non-jazz listeners too! :)

Anyway, if I ever get deeper into that I will probably keep it "simple" à la Robben Ford :mrgreen

For influences, maybe I was in first instance curious about your altered / 'outside' playing influences, because I love that it holds a great balance between tension and remaining tasty and accessible enough to non-jazz listeners too! :) Anyway, if I ever get deeper into that I will probably keep it "simple" à la Robben Ford :mrgreen
A lot of the altered stuff comes from listening to horn players - the good ones are very advanced in their theory and harmonic knowledge. That Is a good reason to listen to other instrumentalists besides guitar players. Michael Brecker is a big influence in this regard, and Charlie Parker and Coltrane etc

Edit: I know what you mean about combining altered/outside lines with tasty blues licks ... the first guys I heard doing that were Larry Carlton and Robben Ford, and they did make a big impression on me, along with all the other dudes that have already been mentioned.

I'm a Marshall addict since 19b2. I can't stay away from the Plexi's and JTM now. Never sounded better imo.
Agreed - they are delicious. I never thought of myself as a Marshall man, but now I find myself gravitating to them more and more. That's the beauty of axefx - you get to find out what amps you _really_ like !

Last edited:
I'm not here to comment on the tone difference or the waveforms.

What a blast! wow! This is fantastic playing! Bravo

Edit: Yeah! i haven't seen the post just above before writing mine :D

Back
Top Bottom