Announcing FM9 Turbo

Thank you , it’s good t hear I will have a bit of time , if I get a invitation I received my email 8 29 21

I've been super happy with my AxeFX III mk1, and also super stoked with my FM9 (mk1?). I'm a bedroom player and don't need the extra HP.

That being said, I'm super stoked that fixing the supply chain issues for the time being means people who've been waiting for almost a year will finally get a unit that's better than what they signed up for.

Fractal stuff is just pure unadulterated joy, and I want every guitarist to have access to that kind of experience.

Kudos to Fractal for once again pulling a hat trick 🤘

Fractal Audio's FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor is now the FM9 Turbo, with 10+% more DSP power.

We created the Turbo to sidestep semiconductor supply chain issues, but we're confident that its superior price/performance ratio will be met with great enthusiasm.

The Turbo version allows more complex presets that would exceed the limits of the standard FM9. Aside from power, the two versions are identical.

FM9 Turbo will retail for $1699.99 in the USA and Canada.
Please contact your local Fractal Audio dealer for pricing in other regions.

We expect to resume waitlist invitations in the USA and Canada tomorrow (Aug 10, 2022)
A number of FM9 Turbo units is also expected to be available in Europe later this month.

FAQ
  • The FM9 Turbo does not use the larger footswitch displays of the FC Mark II products.
  • The Aug-2022 delivery to Europe will be all FM9 Turbo units.
  • All production going forward should be the "TURBO" variety barring unforeseeable circumstances.
  • If you're already on the waitlist there is no need to sign up again.
  • Existing FM9 units cannot be upgraded to Turbo.

View attachment 106295
Sounds good on the surface but I read "to sidestep semiconductor supply chain issues." By chance does this imply that you are using a different chip and simply overclocking it (~10% gain)? If so, as is the case in many overclocked PC's, could that lead to potential thermal issues or long term reliability issues? Can you please share what is the chip in the Turbo version vs. the chip in the standard FM9?

Yes, it will. Everything is the same except that the processor runs faster.

And, no, it’s not an over-clocked chip. Fractal don’t play that.
That was my question. How do you know it is simply not over clocked. What specific chip is in the Turbo vs. Standard FM9. In the IT world, "Turbo" often implies overclocked. If it's the same processor only running faster, that is basically the definition of overclocking.

Sounds good on the surface but I read "to sidestep semiconductor supply chain issues." By chance does this imply that you are using a different chip and simply overclocking it (~10% gain)? If so, as is the case in many overclocked PC's, could that lead to potential thermal issues or long term reliability issues? Can you please share what is the chip in the Turbo version vs. the chip in the standard FM9?
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/announcing-axe-fx-iii-mark-ii-turbo.177098/post-2154934

Because Cliff has said they don't do that, and would not do that. (see above.)
Thanks. Hopefully that is the case. With the shortage though, things could have changed. I look forward to getting their official reply about which chip they are using. The standard defects warranty is only 12 short months. If I spend this much, I really need it to last.

I think I’m going to do the same…. Have a III, recently got a fm3 and enjoyed the form factor but found it a little light in cpu power, so a fm9 seemed like a great compromise I started thinking this weekend and then as if it was destiny, along comes the fm9 turbo. I think it’s meant to be lol

Now fingers crossed by original fm9 invite can still apply
They said it will so you should be in great shape! :cool:

Thanks. Hopefully that is the case. With the shortage though, things could have changed. I look forward to getting their official reply about which chip they are using. The standard defects warranty is only 12 short months. If I spend this much, I really need it to last.
Would you feel better if the unit cost $1870 and had a 3 year warranty? Cuz that's an option. And nice thing is that you don't have to decide if you want the additional warranty (US & Canada; it's included in EU) at the time of your purchase, like some companies do. (or charge you more if you buy it later.)
And not to minimize your concerns of reliability, but with all the amp models, the IR's, the endless effects, the flexibility, its recording capabilities, the free updates, etc., etc., these products are such an incredibly good value for all of what you get!

Would you feel better if the unit cost $1870 and had a 3 year warranty? Cuz that's an option. And nice thing is that you don't have to decide if you want the additional warranty (US & Canada; it's included in EU) at the time of your purchase, like some companies do. (or charge you more if you buy it later.)
And not to minimize your concerns of reliability, but with all the amp models, the IR's, the endless effects, the flexibility, its recording capabilities, the free updates, etc., etc., these products are such an incredibly good value for all of what you get!
I am in the US so I would have to buy the warranty. Yes, I would feel better and I am considering it. I agree it is a good value overall but I still want to know about that chip. Specifically which chip is the Turbo running vs. Standard FM9 and is it overclocked or not. It's a pretty straightforward and reasonable query.

Back
Top Bottom