Announcement: Atomic Reactor FR - UPDATED 7/27/09

Re: Announcement: Atomic Reactor FR

Hey guys, could we keep this sticky topic limited to announcements regarding the Atomic Reactor FR.
There are people subscribed to this thread that get an email everytime there is a post. The amps and cabs section is a good place to post a mic'ing speakers.

thanks.

OverAmp said:
Has there been any sort of firm release date for this product yet?

Tom King said:
jiagap said:
Hi Tom, it availability getting close? Some of us have Christmas money that is burning a hole in our wallets.

thanks for any news.....or updates

-richard
Try not to let it burn through quite yet ;) .

We're working hard to get it to market ASAP. I'm going to stay away from giving a specific timeline at the moment but I should have better info to share by the end of January if not sooner.

The one thing I will say is that no-one wants the Reactor FR to be available more than we do! Thanks for hanging in there.

Thanks for the quote...although it is February now so I don't think I was wrong in asking...

Not wrong for asking.

I was hoping that Tom would read it and give us an update!

OverAmp said:
Thanks for the quote...although it is February now so I don't think I was wrong in asking...

LPSWR said:
Not wrong for asking.

I was hoping that Tom would read it and give us an update!

OverAmp said:

Sorry, didn't mean to imply you were wrong. I was honestly asking and then when I read the quote I realized we were into the next month...hopefully soon!

In an earlier post, I predicted on Fractal standard 'to market' timelines based on unforseen circumstances...

March to April. Not anyone's fault...but we are frankly more privy to 'proposed' timelines, and WE act as if they are what will happen. Life and business doesn't work that way.

electronpirate said:
Life and business doesn't work that way.

I knew that from the moment on i did my posting in the early days of this thread....well, ok: My chosen words were maybe not the best there, but as i know from all the companies i'm working for, time is relative.....but they all introducing the unit long time before they could ever speak of. Atomic seems to be a cool and solid company who want the best for their customers, i could tell you some examples from other brands, who actually introduced a unit, sold it a few months later and now after 15 months it's still highly beta and not really useable for the features they claimed to be in there.....well :? .....If Atomic release their new product, you get a finished and working product, i bet on this!

keep patience, sooner or later they will come up with the thing.

greetz
paco

This is a speculative question I suppose...but I'll ask it anyway. ;)

What do you expect the initial supply of these to be like once they are available?

I'm on the waiting list but I'm just wondering if we're looking at a multi-month wait for all those who want one.

Any thoughts on initial inventory/availability?

OverAmp said:
This is a speculative question I suppose...but I'll ask it anyway. ;)

What do you expect the initial supply of these to be like once they are available?

I'm on the waiting list but I'm just wondering if we're looking at a multi-month wait for all those who want one.

Any thoughts on initial inventory/availability?

I have no clue, but I hope I am on the top of the list, I signed up the first day it was announced and I am quite ready. Would love to hear an update from Tom on this about now.

Anyone know of an estimated price on the PASSIVE version of these?
I'm contemplating pulling the trigger on a stereo tube power amp to use with my Avatar 2x12. I figure I could use that rig, then replace the Avatar with a Fractal FR (passive) 1x12... or two of them :ugeek:

I'm not sure it's even been confirmed that a passive version will be made. I certainly don't believe in the initial run.

I think depending upon things, there was an indication you could BYPASS the power section, so there you go.

I was going by this in the initial post from Tom:

Is there a DSP EQ helping to achieve the frequency response?: No. This is great news because it will enable us to also offer a passive version of the cabinet for those who would like to use add a second cab or their own power. The cabinet’s frequency response is achieved by an entirely passive system comprised of a 12” driver, bass port, horn style tweeter and crossover network.

Y'all just gonna have to wait. Period. They will announce it when its ready.

"Are we there yet?" :D "Are we there yet?" :) "Are we there yet?" :? "Are we there yet?" :x

Gasp100 said:
I was going by this in the initial post from Tom:

Is there a DSP EQ helping to achieve the frequency response?: No. This is great news because it will enable us to also offer a passive version of the cabinet for those who would like to use add a second cab or their own power. The cabinet’s frequency response is achieved by an entirely passive system comprised of a 12” driver, bass port, horn style tweeter and crossover network.

Yup, I remember the post, but in subsequent discussion, I didn't get the impression that it would be something rolled out right away.

I certainly hope I'm wrong on this too, BTW, but it's a IMO kind of thing...

When the tweeter is bypassed, does the signal still pass through the crossover? Or can you bypass the crossover as well?

In other words, can you feed the full range signal to the woofer when the tweet is bypassed?

apologies if this has already been covered.

Is this thing happening? I'm getting concerned that Fractal/Atomic may not be capitalized well enough to expand the product line as quickly as they had hoped in this economy. The lack of updates on this stuff tells me that little progress has been made and we'll be waiting much longer than initially expected.

That said, were there any other FRFR amps announced recently at NAMM? Any other options other than the QSC monitors? Peavey? Tech 21?

hdtv4me said:
Is this thing happening? I'm getting concerned that Fractal/Atomic may not be capitalized well enough to expand the product line as quickly as they had hoped in this economy. The lack of updates on this stuff tells me that little progress has been made and we'll be waiting much longer than initially expected.

That said, were there any other FRFR amps announced recently at NAMM? Any other options other than the QSC monitors? Peavey? Tech 21?

What's the rush in their opinion? They each have a full product line that is obviously doing well. I assume they are taking their time, trying to do it right and are not concerned with over extending themselves to blast these out the door. Especially if you consider the config seems tailor made for use with the AxeFX. I'm sure it would be a great addition to any modeler (Pod, etc...) but the cost is going to be enough where current Axe owners are probably going to be the first ones really interested in buying one of these.
Remember the 5+ month waiting list for the AxeFX itself? Seems like only yesterday lol :mrgreen:

hdtv4me said:

What are you even talking about? Last summer/fall Tom told me that January was an optimistic time frame for the release of the cab and that it may even be into the spring for the cab depending on parts and all that.........so they aren't late even based on his VERY ROUGH estimate.

If the wait is much longer than you "expected" then it's only because your expectations aren't grounded in any kind of reality.

As far as what other options are out there, I don't know..........but I think it's smart too look either way. Maybe you'll find something that you like even better.

p

I stick with my 'March' time frame. April at worst case.

I'm sure they're setting it up so they can satisfy both tonally and get everyone what they want right away. Remember Cliff had to (painfully) ramp up his production when things went through the roof, so I imagine that he doesn't want a replay of that by trickling these things out there.

Back
Top Bottom