An improved Sequencer, please

Would you like improvements on the sequencer ?

• Yes, I'd love to advance sequence

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sequencer's functions in AdrenaLinn by Roger Linn Design are really cool.
For each step (32), we can turn on/off a simple AR envelop.
The A and R value are tweakable globally for the sequence.
Also, I'd like to have a second on/off switch for each step: Glide.
And of course, a global glide time for all the sequence.

By the, I fear those features never be added, so, at this moment, I use a Nord Modular G2 Engine near my Ultra to sequence my fx.
With this unit, I don't have any limitation than my imagination ;)...

May be on the Axe-FX Giga ;)...

yes to all of the above!

you can do a workaround at the moment for ramped stuff...

set one of the lfo's to saw down or saw up and set the tempo to 16ths. tie that to your parameter

then tie the sequencer (set to 16) to the lfo's depth

but actually having a better sequencer would be much better, imo

sim

Just as Spawn-X, I have a Nord Modular G2 Engine. So this isn´t really a problem...

However, I see it a bit contradictory to have a "d-two" (rhythm delay), but no "adrenalinn" in the Ultra. Of course the adrenalinn holds several more different effects compared to what a real d-two holds. So this comparison isn´t fair in that sense. Some adrenalinn-like effects/features are achievable anyway by using workarounds in the Ultra.

A quick look at the sequencer menu makes you think/feel that there must be parameters at some other places since you can´t find them there. Only to realize that there are no other more parameters than this. I think the suggestions provided in this thread hit the head of the nail of how to "upgrade" the sequencer to the standard of rest of the Axe Fx Std/Ultra. So this gets my vote.

Off topic:
What I really really REALLY would like to have is shunt envelope followers that were able to place ANYWHERE within the grid inbetween effects. Like a more CPU hungry shunt option. Imagine how fluid the effects could be and imagine playing them... THAT would be mindblowing. I´ve understood that others also wants/hopes for this. So I hope Cliff gets a epiphany about this some day...

/Mike

+1 on this. I had an Adrenalinn III and loved it. Would love to see some of that kind of magic in the Axe :)

+1. And here is an image of the types of shapes that it would be nice for the stepper to have, and to be ale to assign such a stepper to parameters in the Axe.

Rotten_Energy

Tone_Freak said:
+1. And here is an image of the types of shapes that it would be nice for the stepper to have, and to be ale to assign such a stepper to parameters in the Axe.

Rotten_Energy
So you're saying that each step of the sequencer should be able to have a different type of shape as well ? That would almost put it into Absynth territory and the possibilities would be huge :cool:

Back
Top Bottom