Amp recomendations

I’ve just purchased a fm9 but now need a power amp.I’m in uk and matrix amps have almost disappeared off the radar.what else would be a good choice.i know the Seymour Duncan powerstage gets used a lot but what else are other people using. Cheerz

Hey there, im not gigging so this might just be for information. Dont know what your appliance will be, but this is what I am using.

For a good price and having good experience with the Palmer Macht 402 SS poweramp. Its driving my 2 2x12 Marshall 1922 CABs and it performs great. Ive got a JLB M-Patch 2 to split the stereo signal to both cab's in stereo.

The Palmer can eq the volume, the lows and high on its frontpanel.

My settings is with CAB modeling enabled on the fractal and it does a good job on low (home) volume and high (15 x 25 meter room) volume.

20230418_142621.jpg

Cheers 🍻

I use a Crown XLS 1502, into a Mojotone 2x12 vertical cab with Celestion Vintage 30s. I keep amp modelling enabled on my FM9, but not cabinet modelling. It sounds great at both personal practice volume, and stage volume.

I’ve just purchased a fm9 but now need a power amp.I’m in uk and matrix amps have almost disappeared off the radar.what else would be a good choice.i know the Seymour Duncan powerstage gets used a lot but what else are other people using. Cheerz
There's a Matrix GT800FX for sale on Facebook Market place in the UK £230
Not mine btw just seen it after reading your thread

There's a Matrix GT800FX for sale on Facebook Market place in the UK £230
Not mine btw just seen it after reading your thread
That is a great price... I would prefer it over the Palmer Macht for sure just because it is the Matrix

There are already good choices told. If have money like honey then have more variety which one to choose but
if have little bit honey money ;D then there is that Harley Benton GPA-400 or tho other HB for this purpose.
Compare what suits for you best.

I have that HB GPA-400 and even it´s cheap it was pleasant surprise, sounds good and works fine. I have use it just little
bit over one month.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom