Amp Blocks

Jalevinemd

Inspired
Hey guys...

I've had an FX8 for about a year and a half I think. Have been thinking about switching to an AX8. Had a question:

In one PRESET can you have the same amp configured in different ways (for say rhythm and lead) or once you've chosen your amp and EQ settings for a particular PRESET, do you have to rely on the guitar and pedals for any tone/volume changes?

Within a preset, one amp block can have X and Y settings, scenes and control switches can modify your gain structure, etc. etc. So you could probably have at least 8 different variants of gain, boost. Probably more that I'm not thinking of.

X/Y is the easiest, where you can have two totally different amp models. Scene Controllers offer a different take, where you can smoothly fade from one amp setting to another. The specific amp parameters you can control with scenes via Scene Controllers:
  • Balance (pan)
  • Boost
  • Bright Switch
  • Input Drive
  • Input Trim
  • Master Volume
  • Master Volume Trim
  • Saturation Switch
  • and Bypass, but that would be odd to attach to a Scene Controller (given that you'd rarely want to bypass the amp, and scenes can control bypass states inherently).

Hey guys...

I've had an FX8 for about a year and a half I think. Have been thinking about switching to an AX8. Had a question:

In one PRESET can you have the same amp configured in different ways (for say rhythm and lead) or once you've chosen your amp and EQ settings for a particular PRESET, do you have to rely on the guitar and pedals for any tone/volume changes?
You can do everything. Yes, you can have the same amp configured in different ways in a preset.

Back
Top Bottom