Am I the only one who doesn't use Axe Edit?

i don't think it is a sea of change as much as the op title is drawing out mostly the fp guys.
since he asked if he was the only one, the fp guys just came out and say "nope" basically.
but i do agree that the huge internal war here on the forum back then was weird, as though it was an "either or" thing...

It's 2014: Use the computer interface. Now that I think about it... It's 2000-freaking-14! Where is the official AE App?

Let's put it this way - were it not for Axe Edit, I would not own an AxeFx. The very thought of trying to tweak settings and patches on that tiny 1980's-style monochrome LCD screen makes my head spin.

I agree with needing to be familiar with the front panel, but for me, Axe Edit is far more intuitive and easier on the eyes. Front panel only guys will eventually be posting about problems with their buttons and code wheels. Just joking, but it's still wear and tear that is unnecessary with an editor at your disposal.

I agree with needing to be familiar with the front panel, but for me, Axe Edit is far more intuitive and easier on the eyes. Front panel only guys will eventually be posting about problems with their buttons and code wheels. Just joking, but it's still wear and tear that is unnecessary with an editor at your disposal.

That's a point, but if I were a betting man I'd say you could probably drop-kick the AFX more than once and have it survive, while a laptop would likely go tits-up on the first hit.

I love AxeEdit!!

I'm very comfortable with front panel editing or building basic presets. But when patches become complex, I reach for AxeEdit.

Awwww yeah!!

i don't use it. everything from the front panel. it's a great resource, but i don't like having to hook up to the computer just to move a block or something. it definitely has its benefits though.

I also do everything from the front panel, but I agree that Axe Edit is a great resource and that it has some benefits.
Once in a while I'll hook up Axe Edit just for fun, but I find I can work really fast from the front panel and doing so means my workflow is the same regardless of whether I'm on a Axe Edit supported FW or on a Beta FW where Axe Edit is not up to date.
Also I don't mess with presets during performance and my MacBook Pro is most often running MIO Console and Logic X during performance so I don't want to navigate more programs than those two on the Mac during a show.

Back
Top Bottom