Am I the first downloading Version 9.02? :)

I wish they'd update the link in this subforum, but they might be training us to look for updates in the "News and Announcements" section.

I updated to 9.02 and my guitar kept cutting in and out with a horrible tone. I thought something might have got messed up with the update, so I tried it again. No change, tried going back to my previous firmware 8.01. Again still cutting in and out, every thing was working perfectly before I did the update. I then decided to try the reset on the utility page, which resulted in no sound at all... I started swearing and throwing small objects around my apartment. Then I remembered that from factory the front input is selected, I had it set to the rear before for my rig.

I had a cable on my desk so I just plugged it in to the front input instead of switching the input to the rear. Then proceeded to play and had no more problems, good tone and signal. long story short my wireless system is the problem, kind of weird for it to suddenly stop working correctly. I hoping its just the cable to the transmitter. I have re-updated to 9.02 no problems when plugged directly in to the axe fx.

Teach me to doubt fractal, if only you guys made wireless systems...

Last edited:
The beta firmware I have rocks the cable sim. Surprisingly to me - the 18' Belden with Switchcraft right-angle plug sim beats the shit out of the 15' Mogami / Neutrik sim. Sweeter high end and less flub - at least to my ears. Oh, and I have pick sims off on the global page.

It models the AxeII but not as faithfull as the real AxeII sounds. It's too digital! LOL
I'll keep my real AxeII!
You ain't seen nothing yet: the v2.x beta FW for the Axe-Fx III even models the fan speed of the Axe-Fx II. Those users that did replace the stock fan on their Axe-Fx II will like the fact that they can upload their own fan models!

There's some bad news. They started to release new AxeEdits for AxeIII, before the release of newer firmwares. They are two FW ahead with AxeEdit. They claim we'll get FW for Axe III together with AxeEdit for AxeII. The world just cannot end with this mess around! I guess the mayans didn't see this coming. Cliff postpones even their deadline!

Back
Top Bottom