All previous distortion got fuzzy and sounds horrible all of a sudden

I'll throw out there, make sure your Wah isn't engaging. I was tearing my hair out a week ago with muffled sounds. My FC12 and Expression pedal are in the room next to where the Axe sits. My sons friend kept stepping on the Expression pedal engaging the Wah and I couldn't see him doing it because I was in the room with the Axe.

Hope you figure it out.
Oh, I've dealt with this and it did catch me for a bit, that sucks right?

I've actually reduced it to as simple as I can get. I have no wah blocks in my preset, I've removed all expression pedals and unplugged the FC 12

IT HAS TO be something simple right?

it's not like the unit just stopped working, it's a very specific sound, and you guys have pointed it out, and I agree. I figure resetting should get rid of anything I may have inadvertently changed right?

I'm resetting following exactly to what this guy does, cooper carter I think is his name

Can you post the preset?

And if possible a DI of your playing?

Then someone can try reamping your preset on their hardware to compare.

OH duh, I am using factory presets,

Friedman HBE-100 S05: HBE 2010
Recto 1: S04 Tight Modern

But I'll get a DI and just give you mine anyway, although I did just revert back to 22.01, and I thought it was fixed, but it's still not where it was. Stand by, I have to relearn how to reamp

I have both, first thing I did was change to a new battery, I also used 3 other guitars with 1 more active and the other 2 are passive and its still the same thing

Ok, here you go

Here is the AIF for the DI

and the Axe FX recorded one

Attachments

• Friedman HBE-100.HBE-2010.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
No, I reverted, what do you mean reamp the presets? Isn't that what I just attached? am I missing something?

I went back to 22.01

open the preset your playing go up to tools - manage preset right click on the preset you want and go to reset amp block

open the preset your playing go up to tools - manage preset right click on the preset you want and go to reset amp block
I can get to Manage presets, but I don't see nor did I know about reamp here. What does it mean in this context? Isn't reamping the ability to apply a different patch to a DAW track? What would reamp do in here? Is that how it resets something

Attachments

• manage.presets.jpg
    manage.presets.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 3
I am at a loss as to what a "reamp" menu would even be doing in here

What is Reamping?​

Reamping is a studio recording technique that involves taking a recorded audio track (usually guitar or bass) and playing it back through a guitar amplifier, then capturing the results by recording the output of the amp to a new track. Once viewed as a ‘secret weapon’ of savvy producers and mixing engineers, Reamping has exploded in popularity due to the flexibility that it offers. After capturing the initial performance, Reamping enables the user to experiment with different amps, guitar pedals, microphone selection, and placement in order to find the perfect sound. The user can make endless tweaks during this process.

I am at a loss as to what a "reamp" menu would even be doing in here

What is Reamping?​

Reamping is a studio recording technique that involves taking a recorded audio track (usually guitar or bass) and playing it back through a guitar amplifier, then capturing the results by recording the output of the amp to a new track. Once viewed as a ‘secret weapon’ of savvy producers and mixing engineers, Reamping has exploded in popularity due to the flexibility that it offers. After capturing the initial performance, Reamping enables the user to experiment with different amps, guitar pedals, microphone selection, and placement in order to find the perfect sound. The user can make endless tweaks during this process.

Ohhh, Reset, that does sound like it would have fixed this but it didn't. For one this started before I did the update, I updated to try and fix this issue. I've done 2 factory resets completely and I would think would reset all my presets anyway.

Thanks though, this is good to know, I'll check other things this guys has

He did a complete factory reset including reloading factory presets and has the problem on factory presets. I don't think a reset of the Amp block is going to help.

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

I've now done it twice also, thanks though. I totally read Reamp instead of "reset" so maybe I'm letting my dumb dumb show somewhere else

Back
Top Bottom