All Presets Lost on my Ultra

richb

Inspired
I used my Ultra at a friends house. No problems. I Shut it down as I normally do. One week later I started it up at my house and ALL presets were empty. I know the internal battery is good because I changed that a few months ago. Did anyone ever have this happen? Any ideas on what I can check?

That really blows, hope you have a backup. I would contact fractal support and see what they say. With everything just going blank could be a memory issue?

Did you try reloading any presets/banks? Did it work initially? Did they remain after a power cycle?

I'd do that, then try another battery. Even if a certain brand normally lasts several years, some may not by chance.

Might be a good idea to people with ultras and standards to just go ahead and backup and do this. (battery change).

Just a watch battery, open it up and pop it out (after you backup of course) it's in a battery holder thingy. can get replacement anywhere, cvs, walgreens, walmart, etc.

Might be a good idea to people with ultras and standards to just go ahead and backup and do this. (battery change).

Just a note to others: if you have NOT lost your presets, removing the battery will cause them to be cleared so definitely make and test a backup first.

That's a drag if it's the internal battery because I just replaced it 6 mos. ago. I'm on the "10/13" AX8 list, and I don't have a gig until March, so now I'm not sure if I go through the headache of rebuilding presets in my Ultra, or wait for my AX8, to build my "new" presets.

I love my Ultra but after a month having the Axe2 I don't play it anymore, time to let it go...a little sad, but after all they are tools. I console myself thinking that someone will use it instead of collecting dust in a drawer.
Best idea for you is rebuild a few (4-5) patches for the interim, but when the AX8 arrives you won't come back!

Last edited:
I love my Ultra but after a month having the Axe2 I don't play it anymore, time to let it go...a little sad, but after all they are tools. I console myself thinking that someone will use it instead of collecting dust in a drawer.
Best idea for you is rebuild a few (4-5) patches for the interim, but when the AX8 arrives you won't come back!
Yeah, honestly I don't need a lot of patches for the gig, but it's still a pain. I'm traveling for work this week and really disappointed invites are taking this long to get out. I really hoped I would come home to the AX8.

That's a drag if it's the internal battery because I just replaced it 6 mos. ago. I'm on the "10/13" AX8 list, and I don't have a gig until March, so now I'm not sure if I go through the headache of rebuilding presets in my Ultra, or wait for my AX8, to build my "new" presets.

Download tons of ultra presets here. I am sure you find something you like so you survive until AX8
http://axefx.fr/AxeFXArchive/AxeFX Standard & Ultra stuff/Ultra.rar

Here is my old collection of all kinds of Ultra presets as well for download. Includes a bunch of the "famous" Keitil ultra presets
http://connect2china.se/axe/presets - axe ultra.rar

Sometimes batteries sit on store or warehouse shelves past their prime. Make sure the next battery has a fresh date. While you're at it, you may want to clean the battery contacts with a little alcohol and a Q-tip while you're in there (and backup your presets before battery replacement).

Back
Top Bottom