• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

ALICE IN CHAINS - Check My Brain - MIXTEST

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
Hey guys! Here I am with another mixtest :)
Black Gives Way To Blue by AIC is one of my all time favorite records in terms of mixing/production. Jerry's guitar tone is AMAZING on that album, so huge and thick (..that's what she said:D).
The only thing you hear from the original is the vocal track, I've recorded guitars using the HBE model and a blend of yet-to-be-released cabs..I think I've managed to get pretty damn close to Jerry's tone.
He may have used a Bogner Fish preamp on the record, but as you know he now plays his signature Friedman head, the JJ, which isn't that far from the HBE. I also recorded bass and programmed drums using a blend of Superior Drummer/SSD4 and Getgood Drums.
Hope you like it:cool:

Sounds bang on, was listening to this just the other day, what a track!
Will you spill the beans once the new cabs are in the wild???

Sounds bang on, was listening to this just the other day, what a track!
Will you spill the beans once the new cabs are in the wild???
thanks man! yeah absolutely! the whole pack sounds fantastic, I really hope they decide to release them soon!

I know it’s using unreleased cabs, but share that preset anyway so we can get close (please)....
sure! here it is! preset is just amp-cab-tone match block

Attachments

• JERRY CANTRELL HBE.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 145
Sounds perfect, Black gives way to blue is also one of my absolute faves. I am very curious about that cabpack now. You said your blended some IRs, are they all from the same upcoming pack?

I tone matched the intro and am using it in half of a stereo cab in the AX8. I've found this is a good way to blend a tone match with a cab in the AX8. I have to do the tone match with my computer but it's the same concept as the Axe FX. I picked a cab that sounded decent with Rocco's Friedman settings. So thanks Rocco. It doesn't sound as good as yours but I'm still trying to figure out a good way to tone match with the AX8

Attachments

• CANTRELL AX8.syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom