FM3 Alfie - my cover of Chuck D'Aloia's cover

Mats Nermark

Inspired
I seldom do covers but when I heard Chuck D'Aloia's cover of Alfie, I knew I wanted to do a cover of his cover.
So this is what I came up with.

Guitar is a Ruokangas Mojo King through a Fractal Audio FM3. Carol-Ann and Dumble models.
Bass is a Sire Marcus Miller V7 direct.

Thanks to Chuck for all the years of inspiration.

Cheers,

Mats N

Brings me back to when I was kid , my mother used to play this,Dionne Warwick sang this in 1967. Sounds great 😁

Brings me back to when I was kid , my mother used to play this,Dionne Warwick sang this in 1967. Sounds great 😁
Thanks, EdgE!
Funny that you're the second person to mention Dionne W and I've never heard her version of the song.

Cheers,

Mats N

Such a nice song. Takes the stress right away and as always played and mixed perfectly. Thanks for sharing, Mats!

Nice one! Great mix and instrumentation. Is that both amps being used for the guitar tone? What's the drum source?

Nice one! Great mix and instrumentation. Is that both amps being used for the guitar tone? What's the drum source?
Thanks, Luth2000!

The Carol-Ann was used for the first melody track in the lower octave. I couldn't get the Dumble quite where I wanted it dynamically for that part. The rest of the guitar melody and solo is the Dumble.

I programmed the drums using Superior Drummer 3.

Cheers,

Mats N

Back
Top Bottom