• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Not a Bug after update to AXE-Edit 1.03.03 previously assigned Preset colors are lost

langohr

Inspired
Before update 1.03.03 I had colors assigned to several patches.
The former assigned colors are no longer visible in Version 1.03.03.
Maybe they are only invisible (by accident ?). But assumably they are now lost.

Newly assigned colors are possible and remain.

A funny - and perhaps not desirable - side effect:
A patch under development was saved in different development stages in two - not consecutive numbered - patches. The content of both patches is very different. Both patches have the save name. I assigned a color only to the latest stage of these patches. But: both patches with the same name now had the color assigned to.
Is that behaviour buggy or intentionally ?

EDIT:

after two more "refresh after FW update" the problem had gone.

Thanks you, @Michael Pickens for your great work, and sorry for my mistake.

Last edited:
Before update 1.03.03 I had colors assigned to several patches.
The former assigned colors are no longer visible in Version 1.03.03.
Maybe they are only invisible (by accident ?). But assumably they are now lost.

Newly assigned colors are possible and remain.

A funny - and perhaps not desirable - side effect:
A patch under development was saved in different development stages in two - not consecutive numbered - patches. The content of both patches is very different. Both patches have the save name. I assigned a color only to the latest stage of these patches. But: both patches with the same name now had the color assigned to.
Is that behaviour buggy or intentionally ?

EDIT:

after two more "refresh after FW update" the problem had gone.

Thanks you, @Michael Pickens for your great work, and sorry for my mistake.

I've run into the same situation, at about the same time as the OP. This is the third time this has occurred in the last couple of years. I tried what I'm guessing was the solution for the OP (refresh after FW update) four times, with no success. I'm currently on FW 14.04, Axe Edit Version 1.07.01. I don't recall if the colors disappeared after a FW update or AE update.

Is there a file that stores the colors, that I could back up before doing updates, to perhaps prevent this in the future. As you can imagine, it takes a while to re-categorize the presets. Much appreciated!

I've run into the same situation, at about the same time as the OP. This is the third time this has occurred in the last couple of years. I tried what I'm guessing was the solution for the OP (refresh after FW update) four times, with no success. I'm currently on FW 14.04, Axe Edit Version 1.07.01. I don't recall if the colors disappeared after a FW update or AE update.

Is there a file that stores the colors, that I could back up before doing updates, to perhaps prevent this in the future. As you can imagine, it takes a while to re-categorize the presets. Much appreciated!
The color file is called color-assignments.dat and lives in the following location:

* Mac:
<user>/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/<editor name>/

* Windows:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\<editor name>\

Sorry to dredge this up, and my issue is somewhat similar, so.... I have gone through the listing of Amps and created assignments to make a quick and easy choice when looking for an Dumble-type, for instance, and I ended up using five different colors. This was within the last week or so. I just went in to look through the high-saturated versions I marked, and only the two colors I used long ago, are present. I attempted using the above mentioned FW Update (not knowing if this would only be successful if I had a backup of the file??) a couple times and there was no change. @Michael Pickens I thought I'd seen mention of something like this getting resolved (in AE update), but I may not remember correctly. I'd greatly appreciate any assistance you might provide.

I am using my 2020 Mac Mini M1 FW16.04 and the just installed AE 1.09.02

Cheers,
Lee

ps And did the pathway to the file change in Mac OS 11.2.1 ?

Back
Top Bottom