Adventures in Accuracy

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Spent an hour or so comparing a couple drive pedals. The comparisons are done at two excitation levels: high and low with low being 40dB lower. All knobs at noon.

Here we have the Axe-Fx vs. a Klon:

klon_vs_axefx.PNG
Blue and orange are the Klon.

And here we have another modeler vs. the Klon:

klon_vs_brandF.PNG

Here we have the Nobels ODR-1 vs. a preliminary model on the Axe-Fx:

odr_vs_axefx.PNG

And here we have the ODR1 vs. the other modeler:

odr1_vs_brandF.PNG

Last edited:
Wait ... :rolleyes: ... there are some drastic differences at 20k. :eek:

No. Just kidding. This accuracy is unbelievable.
I know why I am with Fractal since the good old ULTRA-times.
I'm excited to see where this will end.
Truly the BEST!

Addendum: I dig that you test with a low energy pulse as well.

I love showing people how well the Fractal responds to volume changes on my guitar. More so: I love being able to ride the volume control on my guitars to change what I'm getting out of my Fractal tech and enjoying hearing it change the same way the IRL amps and pedals change when I do this. I've been running with my Telecaster exclusively for the past few months and doing more volume and tone knob manipulation on simpler presets to vary my gain and tone. It's truly wonderful.

How similar is the response of the upcoming ODR-1 to the closest model we already have? Is this new guy radically new and different?

This is awesome!
You do know that one of those other modelers has 3 chs of the Jubilee?
Perhaps a guy could add 2 more chs and add the "Lead Master" knob along with putting that pull rhythm clip on the boost switch???
Ya know, just to be perfect :)

Really appreciate the expert attention to the pedals, Cliff! They are so often thrown in by companies as an afterthought and end up becoming the weakest link in the chain.

Back
Top Bottom