Adrian Belew Electronic Guitar

I attend "Three of a Perfect Pair" camp each year, and it's a blast to hear Adrian talk about his approach to tone. It's a fun week of music, camaraderie, and learning. Adrian, Pat, and Tony are the key hosts, and are regularly joined by other amazing high-profile guest hosts like Trey Gunn, Markus Reuter, and Julie Slick. You have the opportunity to hang out, chat, and perform music with other campers and the hosts! And yes, Adrian talks about how he recreates and evolves his sound on various rig iterations.

Last edited:
Adrian seems much more "reserved" in most of the video compared to more modern stuff (personality-wise).

Also, I had to check Wikipedia to see if he was Tony Hawk's dad... He looked very similar ;)

It was a wild video at the time. I had known what flangers/modulation can do when you get too close to your speakers, but Belew was on a whole other level. He turned into a legit form of expression. When I think about it, I guess it was seeing Hendrix molesting his Marshall’s and hearing “Third Stone From The Sun” that initially taught me about clipping.

When you run out of ideas, making weird noises is always good for some fun.

Adrian seems much more "reserved" in most of the video compared to more modern stuff (personality-wise).

Also, I had to check Wikipedia to see if he was Tony Hawk's dad... He looked very similar ;)
Yeah you’re right I never put the two together.😄

I imagine he was a bit of an introvert at first, but got very comfortable with Crimson. To me, that’s what made him and Fripp a good pair. Fripp seemingly humorless and Belew a wacky Twang Bar King.

Back
Top Bottom