acoustic simulator on the axe fx 2 ???

Considering the fact that you asked, I assume you don't have an Axe-Fx II. The answer is: No, there is no acoustic simulator-block per se, but a similar effect can be achieved with a smart use of a (multiband-)compressor, filter, EQ and tonematch. Some guy once posted a collection of his presets, and there was an acoustic simulator-preset too, which sounded quite convincing. But eventually, you might need a guitar with piezo-pickups (e.g. GraphTech sells piezo-saddles and bridges) for best results.

I have a JP6 with Piezo, but it would be nice to have a simulator for when I use my G&L Comanche . Still very new to the AXE FX 2, just purchased the FX 2 and am in the process of programing to use live.

I have a JP6 with Piezo, but it would be nice to have a simulator for when I use my G&L Comanche . Still very new to the AXE FX 2, just purchased the FX 2 and am in the process of programing to use live.

If you are using a FRFR set-up, there are numerous IRs on AxeChange, if you are using a regular cabinet and have the cabinet simulator in global set to off as suggested, these IRs will not work (at least n my experience, but I am a noobie too) I had the same problem, I eventually put my boss acoustic simulator in my effects loop and used filters and EQs to clean up the sound as its own setting with Only effects loop and effects from the axe, no amp n the chain. I would suggest a high pass filter to clean up the boomy low end you will get from a simulator or an IR of a guitar body. A built in simulator would be nice or a simulator in one of the preset blocks with the appropriate filters to simulate acoustic bodies.

I have a pretty good acoustic simulation on my Axe 2 using magnetic pickups... An EMG SLV to be specific. Sounds great. I found in in the preset exchange of these forums.

If you are using a FRFR set-up, there are numerous IRs on AxeChange, if you are using a regular cabinet and have the cabinet simulator in global set to off as suggested, these IRs will not work (at least n my experience, but I am a noobie too) I had the same problem, I eventually put my boss acoustic simulator in my effects loop and used filters and EQs to clean up the sound as its own setting with Only effects loop and effects from the axe, no amp n the chain. I would suggest a high pass filter to clean up the boomy low end you will get from a simulator or an IR of a guitar body. A built in simulator would be nice or a simulator in one of the preset blocks with the appropriate filters to simulate acoustic bodies.

Thanks!!

I get great results using this simple preset:

VOL block: to boost the level (there's no Amp block)
GEQ: lowest 2 bands all the way down, highest two bands all the way up
COMP: studio compressor
CAB in a parallel row, with the Taylor IR found here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-[axefx2]-collection-thread-3.html#post544800, with mic R121, Level at -15
REVERB

I can use this even through a Marshall 4x12 and get an acceptable acoustic / hollowbody tone, with another GEQ boosting the highest freqs.

Condition: singe coil only!

Last edited:
Here's a clip, mono.

Played with a Strat, neck single coil.

I get great results using this simple preset:VOL block: to boost the level (there's no Amp block)GEQ: lowest 2 bands all the way down, highest two bands all the way upCOMP: studio compressorCAB in a parallel row, with the Taylor IR found here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-[axefx2]-collection-thread-3.html#post544800, with mic, Level at -15REVERBI can use this even through a Marshall 4x12 and get an acceptable acoustic / hollowbody tone. Condition: singe coil only!
Outside the GEQ I use about the same thing. I'll give that a shot. With the IR gets me close enough for a live sound.

Yek,
That is a great sound for a Brian Setzer feel! For someone using dual humbuckers, could they get that same vibe by lowering the input trim, or would they also need to eq it?

Well, HB is not just output volume, I think you need to EQ too, thin it out. Can't tell how/what though, not a expert.

Back
Top Bottom