AC30 Amp Match with Clips, Pics and Presets

Yeah, i re-downloaded a couple of the patches and i get nothing. nada. no sound. even when i just create a parallel path from input to output, i get no sound. I don't know if the patch is corrupt, or what. Frustrating. I flip to another preset, everything's fine, but yours- nothing. Thanks for your efforts though (OP).

An idea- A checks and balances system of some kind, with regards to posing and sharing patches- like a moderator, that goes through all the posted patches and makes sure that they:
1) work (flawlessly)
2) aren't excessively loud or way too quiet
3) adds notes, like, "you need this IR in order to make this patch sound right" or "because TMA block doesn't work with the editor yet, do _____ to edit this patch", etc etc.

Not sure why it's not working for you. I've had a few issues with other user-posted patches, but not with these. Did you save the cab IR to the correct user-slot? I believe these presets default to user-slot 27. What happens if you change the cab block to one of the stock cabinets?

Yeah, i re-downloaded a couple of the patches and i get nothing. nada. no sound. even when i just create a parallel path from input to output, i get no sound. I don't know if the patch is corrupt, or what. Frustrating. I flip to another preset, everything's fine, but yours- nothing. Thanks for your efforts though (OP).

3) adds notes, like, "you need this IR in order to make this patch sound right" or "because TMA block doesn't work with the editor yet, do _____ to edit this patch", etc etc.

Did you download his custom IR? I made that mistake quickly as well.

It worked well for me. I'll check again tho...

Ron

Edit: What Webb said!

Hi sinasl1,

I'm sorry that you have trouble getting the patch to work.
I think it has to be an issue with your setup, maybe some global settings?

Also, did you follow the steps Morphosis listed?

I did all programming outside Axe Edit so there should be no TMA problem or anything.

Hope it will be solved!

EDIT: What Webb and Ron said!

I used to own one of these (I inherited it from my Dad who passed away recently). It had a tone that was just incredible for it's cleans. I sent it to get serviced and the person I left it with stuck it in the back of his shop for the best part of three months. I think this was because he couldn't find the proper valves for it. In the meantime, damp got in and ruined the original housings for the components. Also, when he took it out of storage, the first thing he did was to plug it in and turn it on. The damp had also gotten into the transformer, and it blew, smoke and everything. The transformer could have been replaced, but the real amp killer was the housings having been ruined.

Needless to say, I have not had any further dealings with said 'tech' and I was compensated. However, I have never been able to find the same tone that I had with this old battered AC30 head.

When I saw you had tonematched it, tbh, I felt quite emotional. I have ordered an Axe II for a number of reasons, the JVM model, the tonematching, etc. But the real icing, the thing that tipped me over the edge was finding out that you had done this. With a little tweaking, I hope to have my Dad's old amp back.

So thank you so much. You have absolutely no idea what this means for me.

D.

Hi, thanks for the kind words, happy to help there!

Once you get your unit the Normal Channel will be up, that one's a bit tougher!

Anyone who has not used the IR year2525 created is really missing something.

This may be my go to on a lot of patches in the future!

Back
Top Bottom