A little Tool clip with the axe.

Feuersturm said:
Could you post the Patch? I also own the Mesa Redwirez Cabs, which ones did you use (exactly)? Thanks.

+1 - I'd like to play with that patch! Sounds awesome in your hands. Also a Redwirez owner, so a recipe for your cab would be cool too. Thanks!

:shock:

Ok, I'm convinced; I need the RedWirez cabs.

That's just fantastic. Supposedly, a good chunk of Adam Jones' tone comes from his Gibson Silverburst. The paint has some metallic defect in it, which caused Gibson to recall them due to complaints about their tone. Adam LIKED the tonal difference and kept his. I am now convinced that's a buncha hooey.

Sounds good!

Regarding the primary tone coming from the guitar though.....

I have a '79 Les Paul K.M. Model that I've played for 31 years through my Marshall of the same age. I always attributed the primary tone of that rig to my Marshall. However, I've been doing some careful study of my tone and I find that the characteristic tone of that Les Paul carries through very distinctively through my Axe-Fx.

Don't discount the contribution the guitar makes to the overall tone scheme. In some ways it's subtle and in other ways it's night and day.

That being said..... share that patch please! ;)

I would be happy to share the patch (i mean come on, you guys constantly give up your hard work for others! great forum!) but unfortunately, i dont know how. If someone could explain to me how, i would get it for you guys! (i am sure i can, since i have the axe all hooked up to axe-edit and all, just need to know the steps)

Also, as far as the RedWirez go, i only have the mesa 4x12 version, since i only had $15 in my paypal lol. I have miced it up (digitally) with a 57 5 inches off of the cap edge, as well as a 421 a few inches off of the cone. The 421 is about 6db lower in the mix than the 57 i do believe!

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Eric

I'm going to try that cab mix with my Recto Orange patch tonight. I really like that! Thanks!

iaresee said:
I'm going to try that cab mix with my Recto Orange patch tonight. I really like that! Thanks!
;) It is pretty standard with real micing, so i figured i would give it a try in the digital world! seems to do good! The RW IR is awesome, makes me wonder if i would use the other ones? lol

schecterc1lh said:
iaresee said:
;) It is pretty standard with real micing, so i figured i would give it a try in the digital world! seems to do good! The RW IR is awesome, makes me wonder if i would use the other ones? lol
I'm a big fan of the them. They add to the endless hours of fun I can spend tweaking my tones. Just recently went back to all-close mic'ed mixed cabs after playing with their far field IRs.

schecterc1lh said:
I would be happy to share the patch (i mean come on, you guys constantly give up your hard work for others! great forum!) but unfortunately, i dont know how. If someone could explain to me how, i would get it for you guys! (i am sure i can, since i have the axe all hooked up to axe-edit and all, just need to know the steps)

Open Axe-Edit, and open Preset Manager. In the right pane click Load. This will load the presets on your Axe-Fx into Axe-Edit (a dump message appears on the Axe). After your presets show up in the right pane, drag the "Tool" preset to the left pane. Rightclick on that preset in the left pane and select Save. The preset willl now be saved as a file on your computer, the path is shown after clicking on Source.

How are you amplifying / mixing your Axe?
Looking at and hearing your patch things are extremely bright ...

yek said:
How are you amplifying / mixing your Axe?
Looking at and hearing your patch things are extremely bright ...
If you dont have the RW cabs, you will need to put in a cab of your own to make it sound good. Otherwise, no post-production in this, just axe direct in.

Back
Top Bottom