$9,000 a metre USB cable.....

They say that one of every five are born suckers... my neighbor'll take two of them. He wants to be able to send data just as quick as he'll receive it.

SmileyScratchhead.jpg

Last edited:
For that kind of money I want a short, bald man in a tuxedo to show up at my house, lovingly remove the cable from it's packaging, thoroughly clean both ends of the cable with the finest silk cloth, and then insert it in to my A/V setup for me. All while humming the theme song from The Million Dollar Man.
f that! I want the last 5 years of Playboy centerfolds showing up at my house whenever I use the cable, wearing only birthday suits and having anything goes attitudes!

What a joke... If you build it they will come and buy it. I would rather see an optical connection then an electrical one any day of the week. You can burst a lot more digital info over light at much greater speeds.

maybe the 1's going through it are a bit more 1'er than regular 1's
and the 0's a bit more 0'er

so… this must mean that 0000 0000 is actually 0
and 1111 1111 must be 255 and not fall just a little bit short

clever

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

/gasp

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Moreover, the Absolute Dream interconnect realises the truly ‘black’ backgrounds possible from genuine 24-bit digital recordings without sounding clinical or penetrating. If ‘silence’ has a quality of its own then this manifests as velvety rather than chilling darkness with these cables in situ."

Did this guy seriously just say that the silent parts of a 24 bit digital recording sounded better with this cable?!

Last edited:
Well, people pay thousands for crunched up bits of rock that have no useful purpose, so the price doesn't bother me.

The claims of superior audio performance do though. I've long since thought that there should be some form of legislation to prevent claims like these without solid 3rd party research.

Did you see the "Hi-Fi News Verdict" at the end of the "review?" It's the absolute epitome of using flowery words to say nothing at all:

There’s no escaping the frightening price of these cables, but handle a pair and you’ll be surprised at just how heavy they are. This, in turn, reflects how much metal lies within that transparent dielectric – not just copper but a good deal of silver and gold to boot. These precious conductors are key to the design and core to its subjective performance, but as with any bespoke jewellery, the aspiration of ownership is as much emotional as cooly rational.

In other words, "Sure they're expensive, but...um...they're heavy. There's lots of metal in 'em...even some silver and gold along with all that copper. That's why you want them. The silver and gold make you subjectively think they sound better."

The reviewer's final statement is so precious that it stands by itself, without comment:
Sound Quality: 88%

Reactions: yek
i wish i could find the article i read at some point but audiophiles can't tell the difference between monster cables and spliced up telephone wire...

and as stated above 0's and 1's make no difference if it gets there eventually

I knew silence is gold, but I didn't know you need gold for silence... I like the part when silence sounds better with these wires...

i wish i could find the article i read at some point but audiophiles can't tell the difference between monster cables and spliced up telephone wire...

and as stated above 0's and 1's make no difference if it gets there eventually

Smoke and mirrors. We hear with our eyes. This also applies to mic preamps. An article of interest: Preamp post-mortem

Well, people pay thousands for crunched up bits of rock that have no useful purpose, so the price doesn't bother me.

The claims of superior audio performance do though. I've long since thought that there should be some form of legislation to prevent claims like these without solid 3rd party research.

... I don't know... If those churched up bits of rock were played through this cable... There's no telling what would happen...! ;)

http://www.crystalcable.com/CMS/ckfinder/userfiles/files/HFN Crystal Cable Absolute Dream(1).pdf

More info in this copy.

I'd try an analogue cable from them for fun but never purchases even if I could afford them.

Monocrystal metals are widely used in signal cables. Silver is a greater conductor than copper.

I use all solid core silver wire in my guitars. About $50 or so each guitar.

It sounds better than copper to me. And yes I did tons of A/B testing when I got into silver conductors. Went so far as to bringing the wire and questions to a local physics/calculus professor. The science can PROVE more signal reaches the amp, a slighter higher resonant peak results in more high frequency detail , slightly more output. subtle but worth it to me.

[Monocrystal metals are widely used in signal cables. Silver is a greater conductor than copper.
I use all solid core silver wire in my guitars. About $50 or so each guitar.
It sounds better than copper to me. And yes I did tons of A/B testing when I got into silver conductors. Went so far as to bringing the wire and questions to a local physics/calculus professor. The science can PROVE more signal reaches the amp, a slighter higher resonant peak results in more high frequency detail , slightly more output. subtle but worth it to me.

Aha! People, pay me $1000 and I'll come by and turn up volume and treble a notch. You'll still save $8.000,-!!

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom