8-string song made with FW10

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Hi there!

Recorded this song yesterday, mixed with my Sennheiser HD25 headphones wich I strongly recommend!
They sound great with the axe fx.
Because of the fact that I had to mix them on my headphones for now they may sound a bit unbalanced on your speakers.
It sounds fine here on my Rokit RP6 speakers.

Gear used:
Agile Intrepid standard 28.6 neck 8-string guitar.
Ibanez ATK 5-string bass.
Fractal Audio Axe FX II fw10.
Drums: Steven Slate Drums 4
Daw: Cubase 7.03
Plugins: Slate Digital VCC and VTM.
Mastering: PSP audioware plugins and Vladg's limiter 6

Hope you enjoy!

Nice track! I dig the clarity of the mix and the guitar tone too. Can we see the patch?

I could upload the patch later this week.
I doubt that it will sound good without an 8-string guitar that's at least similar to my guitar.... (long scale, passive pickups, ash body etc)
It should be a good starting point though if you want a patch that is similar in sound.

btw, if you like the sound of this IR, it's the old Metal 4x12 IR that I got from axerfx.fr
it sounds really open and huge! I highly recommend it for metal!

I think it should start at :26. Much cooler sounding rendition, particularly drum-wise, of that idea. The Meshuggah-y part sounds much better than that typical style because you're not riding a china. The whole mix is just way better than most things of this ilk. I recommend some other percussion fills in that snare doubling part; maybe something similar for the kick doubling. Like that 'running' clean section. Overall a nice piece.

Back
Top Bottom