7.0 is Heaven.0

Kruegmeister

Experienced
Wow...
I had to wait because 7.0 was released a week before a big gig for us, so I didn't want to risk Patch Volume Differences.
I cannot wait for next Band Practice.
Love the New Reverb, it just rings and sings.
Love the AFD100.
REALLY Love the Diezel VH4!!!
I took my Main Mesa Recto Vintage Orange Patch and created one with the Dizzy V4 4 (Diezel VH4)
This is probably going to become my Main Patch, though the Mesa will most likely still get used for certain songs.
The Herbie Ch3, Dirty Shirly, and Suhr were pretty sweet too, need to play around more with those.

As far as Transition from 6.2 to 7.0, I found it very easy.
1) I backed everything up
2) I upgraded
3) I went through my patches and changed amp type and changed it back and saved.
4) Using Axe Edit I set "Source" to "Bank File" Selected the Version 7 Bank A and went through the Patches and updated a few patches here and there by:
a) Use arrows on Axe Edit to Scroll through Patches.
b) Anything I wanted to Keep or update I Saved on the AxeFX2 Front Panel.

Been playing more with the other Bernie and VH channels yesterday.
A lot of good stuff there.
The Brit and Plexi Treble seemed more lively too... perhaps I am noticing the new algorithms...

I'm having a hard time dialing a good sound from the Cameron from v6 to v7.

The Cameron preset in 6 used to be one of my favorite amps, now it sounds really strange.
Anyone felt this or can help me with the changes I have to do to get the v6 Cameron sound?

Yes, it is. I thought you were using your own FW6 presets in which case you would have to initialise the amp(s) to make them sound right.

I'm having a hard time dialing a good sound from the Cameron from v6 to v7.

The Cameron preset in 6 used to be one of my favorite amps, now it sounds really strange.
Anyone felt this or can help me with the changes I have to do to get the v6 Cameron sound?

I agree. It is different. That's how the Axe works. My favorites change with every firmware. Like a new girlfriend every couple of months. ;-).

Right now, I've been playing the Recto Orange. For some reason I keep going back to that one. Just go with what feels right.

I am loving EVERYTHING about FW 7.0. I spent 6 hours in rehearsal space going through my raw amp bank one by one, and everything sounds better and more real, I swear at times if my back had been to the Atomic wedge monitors I was hearing my old Bogner Ecstasy blue channel, nailing it dead on.

We've never had it better! For the price of one or two boutique amps, you get 70+ and counting!!!

I agree. It is different. That's how the Axe works. My favorites change with every firmware. Like a new girlfriend every couple of months. ;-).

Right now, I've been playing the Recto Orange. For some reason I keep going back to that one. Just go with what feels right.

Recto Orange seems to be old faithful... I am digging the Diezels but I have to try them in the mix live with the Band before I know for sure, but they sure sound sweet in the Headphones and Cranked up in the Studio Monitors.

I'm also loving v7. Two rehearsals went great. Lots of positive comments from the other band members. Our first gig Friday night with v7 was a real pleasure. I switched from v6 to V7 about the same time I went from a QSC K12 to the RCF-NX12SMA. I'm finally back to playing my guitar instead of tweaking. 4 or 5 favorite presets and I'm done. Or at least I'm out of the rabbit hole for a while.

I have been using the Plexi a lot more on V7. I previously had to tweak it a lot, and then was still only happy with Zep tones, but now I use it for more overdriven (EJ, EVH) as well. I love how responsive it is to volume/tone on my guitar, as well as my picking.

I can't figure out how to get my AFX-II to display the word "REAL" in 1" high letters, on it's display like the one on the fractalaudio.com website intro page.

this must be a new feature in 7.0 huh......8)

I'm also loving v7. Two rehearsals went great. Lots of positive comments from the other band members. Our first gig Friday night with v7 was a real pleasure. I switched from v6 to V7 about the same time I went from a QSC K12 to the RCF-NX12SMA. I'm finally back to playing my guitar instead of tweaking. 4 or 5 favorite presets and I'm done. Or at least I'm out of the rabbit hole for a while.

So what is your Opinion on QSC K12 vs RCF-NX12SMA?
Is it worth double the Price? I am currently using a K10 on Floor and a K8 to sidewash the Stage. Pretty Happy with that, but you know us G.A.S. sufferers...

So what is your Opinion on QSC K12 vs RCF-NX12SMA?
Is it worth double the Price? I am currently using a K10 on Floor and a K8 to sidewash the Stage. Pretty Happy with that, but you know us G.A.S. sufferers...
Krueg,
I also have a couple pairs of K10's and a pair of K12's. I tried them both in mono and stereo and I must admit, I was content with the K12. No complaints. But I kept hearing things about the RCF and my curiosity got the better of me. I ordered one up never having heard or seen one.

Some folks will say that the difference between the K12 and the RCF-NX12SMA is subtle, and I can't argue their point. Even Scott Peterson was 'reserved' in his praises for the RCF (although he loves his too!). Nevertheless, for me, the difference was huge. I plugged it in, turned it on, hit a few chords and said "Whoa!". No tweaking.....just 'money'. The clarity, definition, broad coverage area (no tight sweet spot), the amount of air it moves, the amount of character it extracted out of each amp. I was/am completely stoked. Plus, the ergonomics, cosmetics, and construction of the RCF is far superior to the K series. Low profile, powercon connectors, daisy chain jacks for both power and audio, multiple placement options/angles, even a pole mount. In use on stage or in rehearsal, it just cuts through the mix better. Everybody in the band noticed the difference.

I could go on, and I know there are a lot of folks waiting to see how Atomic fares with their new unit, but for me the RCF is da bomb. With v7 on the Fractal and the RCF, I'm finally at a point where I just want to play my guitar. I've been preoccupied for the past couple years trying to get my arms around the magic black box. Now it feels great to have the tones and versatility right at my fingertips. Life is good!

As for the money, I don't think the RCF was near twice the price. Give Mike Pyle a shout and he'll take good care of you. Good luck!

Big Joe

Mike Pyle
Audiopyle Sound

707-315-6204
mike@audiopyle.com

I said I would wait for a stable AxeEdit before upgrading, but I couldn't hold myself. Updated today, and I'll be damned if the thing now donät sound more.... eehhh, organic? Or maybe it's just in my head?

Question: I have loads of FW 6 presets downloaded, and some I work on that sits in folders on my PC. Do I have to do the "swap amp trick" on each and everyone to make them adapt to FW 7? Or does this just apply for presets I've saved on the Axe itself?
Being a total newbie, I've never really understood that change amp thing...

I said I would wait for a stable AxeEdit before upgrading, but I couldn't hold myself. Updated today, and I'll be damned if the thing now donät sound more.... eehhh, organic? Or maybe it's just in my head?

Question: I have loads of FW 6 presets downloaded, and some I work on that sits in folders on my PC. Do I have to do the "swap amp trick" on each and everyone to make them adapt to FW 7? Or does this just apply for presets I've saved on the Axe itself?
Being a total newbie, I've never really understood that change amp thing...

You do not have to do the swap amp bit.
Sometimes if a preset is making noises or not sounding right it can set it straight.
I just decided to run through all mine that way. I tried it first and switched amp and back, played some more and maybe I heard adifference on some patches.....???

Back
Top Bottom