50 years of music gear in one box

That's what the current Proximity parameter is for, isn't it?

I'm 'guessing' that he meant a way to have maybe axe edit link to your redwirez folder on your computer, and have axe edit call up the desired ir file by using easy parameters like he mentioned.

At least that's what popped into my head when I read that. I think it would be a great feature.

I would like to see a smaller midi controller as powerfully as a LFjr+

Have you checked out the Rjm mastermind?
Killer small pedal. All buttons are assignable, has one expression pedal Jack, displays the axe tuner, and is powered via 7 pin midi. And its the perfect size to throw into one of those $30 dollar home depot hard tool cases. I love it.

All the focus if on the Axe ll for further refinements I'm betting that this is a given. and when Cliff finds a way to best the Axe ll the next gen will come out if he is not already working on it.

I would like to see FAS working on other products - powered FR cab, a modeling guitar would be a killer addition to the Axe and I would love to see this happen.

Looks like a nice controller, just not enough ia's for me. Great price though! The LFjr+ has a dual function for each button and as far as I know it's the only controller to do that. It also has 4 expression pedal inputs and the ever so helpful led display for each ia. Btw it also cost almost twice as much lol.

@vegababy. Excellent points about the Tri-Chorus and Multi Tap delay. Now...I'm really trying to rack my limited brains and failing to come up with anything! New effects? The field I normally associate with crazy effects [and don't know very much about it] is the virtual synths and so forth. Perhaps their technology etc can be looked at to see if anything can be incorporated as a guitar effect or create inspiration to make something new? That's the only thing I can think of right now.

Lastly, I'm still hoping for the Amp Builder DIY interface where you get a top down view of an amp or schematic (think Visio if the later) and you can trade out parts and values for existing rigs or roll your own from scratch. A similar pedal interface would also be cool. This would bring DIY amp building into the digital age... Drag and drop a MM transformer, don't like it?, drag out a Heyboer in its place, tube by tube, circuit by circuit. If you have the schematic and time you can try your hand at it. You could of course just swap parts in existing rigs as well... I keep hoping :)

This is what I have always wished for. Don't know if Cliff would ever expose that much to the user but being able to change cap and resistor values, various tube types with different gains, and output transformer types to fine tune an amp would be amazing. In addition to the sag and feedback control I could build my perfect virtual amp.
I fine tuned all my homebrews that way and made them sound perfect for certain guitars. Much better than trying to tighten things up using eq or compression.

Said it before: an 'Axe' page where you set up all of your instruments by naming them, setting input gain, noise gate, compression and EQ for each instrument you own to sound its best. When you unplug your Les Paul and plug in your strat, go to the 'guitar' page (obviously could be for ANY instrument - I play guitar, bass, keys, viola and sing through my Axe) pick your strat from the list you've created and voila:set up with perfect input levels, perfect EQ, perfect compression and perfect gating. Makes each of your guitars sound it's absolute best- not like each other, just as good as they can. My pickups on my strat and my radiator are much hotter than my old Danny's, for example, and ideally not only would I like to fix that, but they could all use their own custom EQ too!

Really hoping FAS implements this. I know it's well within the capabilities of this hardware.

@vegababy. Excellent points about the Tri-Chorus and Multi Tap delay. Now...I'm really trying to rack my limited brains and failing to come up with anything! New effects? The field I normally associate with crazy effects [and don't know very much about it] is the virtual synths and so forth. Perhaps their technology etc can be looked at to see if anything can be incorporated as a guitar effect or create inspiration to make something new? That's the only thing I can think of right now.
well...believe it or not, Line6 have made some good attempts to create some new effects in their devices, mostly modulation or filter based, but not bad at all. really dig their Comet Trails effect from the FM4 for example. N.I. did some cool stuff with the Spectral Delay, however, only software based, but then again, the Axe really is like a computer, isn't it, so anything even crazier could run on that machine. there's been some cool effects in the granular synthesis field, again, made guitar friendly, they could open up whole new worlds.
a lot of effects are created almost by accident, especially drive pedals, so I guess you can't really 100% think up a new effect, especially since so much already exists, but I'm sure with an open mind and a sense for experimentation, there's still room...

...can you hear them now, Cliff ?? I've been pushing this unit on a couple bass player/friends of mine and they both love it and are floored by the Axe. More bass amps and cabs would put this way over the top and I believe would draw a substantial amount in sales...$$$ :D

I can testify to that! I own the Ultra and the II primarily for bass (and other sound stuff). OTOH....SHHHHHH!!! Our little secret! =)

Back
Top Bottom