5 years of travel, gigs, albums, videos, teaching and lots of practice

Jens

Power User
Maybe a bit out of proportion to make a post out of this, but when I started to think about it the list became so impressive that I it was hard to resist :)

5 years ago I bought this AxeFx Ultra from G66.

AxeFx-Ultra-5-years.jpg

Since then it has been my main rig, which means that together we've done:

ca 1000 concerts in 8 different countries

15 albums and guest solos,

200+ YT videos and instagram licks,

ca 400 days of teaching (taking this box means that both me and the student have a vintage twin, a dumble, a 60's plexi and a dual rectifier :) )

an uncountable amount of hours of practice and messing around.

It does so many things so easily that I am probably lucky it doesn't play guitar... I never thought about how big a percentage of my work I use it for.

I only had to replace the fan last year (and got one for free from g66!) and the front input needs to be tightened every 5-6 months. Still sounds great and has never let me down!

I did think that my midi interface had lost it, but it turned out that my midi cable (from 1986 or so) had died.

Thank you for making such a great box Cliff and the rest of Fractal Audio! It not only sounds good but also can take being used so much for so long.

Jens

And you know where to find me if you want to try the AX8. ;-)

Don't think it doesn't tempt me :) Flying with a guitar and an AxeFX is still very tricky! (not that I have to do it really often..)

When the II came out I needed to buy a bigger house... I have the house now.

Jens

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom