4x12 with G12T75's and V'30's x pattern... anyonne tried this?

webstersp

Inspired
I really like how these speakers sound blended together.
I'm not looking for a neutral cab for my AXE FX, I'm looking for a great guitar cab.
I know that the bogner uberschall 4x12 use this configuration and have great reviews but I'll order mine from Avatar speakers.
I also know that there is a difference of 3db between those 2 speakers, woud the V30's be too loud !?

And I'm still not sure if I will go 4x12 or 2x12, would I get the same results with one of each speakers in a 2x12?

Yep, that Uberkab (75s and 30s) is one hell of a cabinet. The latest amp shootout (by James Lugo, see different thread) was done entirely with that cabinet.
Works as well with the combined sims 4x12 German and 4x12 75w. But that's not what you're asking. :)
Don't know about the 2x12. I had a Dr.Z Best cabinet with two different speakers (V30 and G12H30) and it worked fine.

That's what I had in my old Rivera cab (custom wired/rebuilt by me) some 8 yrs ago. Sold that about 6 yrs ago. It's not a new technique BTW.

However, you have some decisions to make on how you want to build/run the 4x12 if you go that route. Mono or stereo.. if stereo, which type are left side, which right. Are you going to combine them - as in GT12T75/V30 as a pair, or 2 of each as a pair. Make sure they are all the same impedance (suggest 16-Ohm so you can run mono or stereo). If 16-ohm MONO, they should be wired in series/parallel internally so you would see an 8-Ohm load on amp. If stereo, the hookup is too complex to describe here, as you may want to be able switch from V30's to GT12's for the tonal and amp loading differences, combine them or....
The V30's are 60w and the G12T75's are 75w (IIRC), so config (x-pattern, stacked left or right, both top or bottom, etc) will impact sound, amp load and impedance (depending on your wiring). If you switch between the two, you have 120w versus 150w, so speaker breakup occurs at different load/wattage levels, and so on. The 3dB difference in sensitivity would make the V30's a little louder when run in a pair versus the GT12's. When running all 4 in a cab at the same time, you would probably not notice the difference.

That said, many of us use FRFR... that does not work for everyone tho'. The only way you'll know is if you try the cab first, but that's at least $500 worth of speaker purchases..

Last edited:
I want to go with a real guitar cab.
I'll be using the IR's only at home on my pc.
I'll be runing the 4 speakers at the same time in the cab, if I really want to go stereo I'll buy another one!

I've got a 2x12 with one of each of those speakers and the difference in wattage/volume isn't apparent to my ear...I just hear the blend evenly as I move my head around in front trying to notice any difference.
Using one side of a Rocktron Velocity 300, 2-16 ohm speakers wired in parallel for 8 ohm total load

Last edited:
I ran a 4x12 with 2 V30s and 2 G12M "Greenbacks" in an X pattern for quite a while and loved it. Sounded great for everything from clean to mean.

Back
Top Bottom